Ship to Phillipsburg

Piper934

It is a safe twenty-some minute walk. There is a sidewalk (rough in places) but you will be among a lot of fellow cruisers walking. On a hot day, you might want to take the water taxi - I think it is less than $10 for the round trip from the cruise terminal to the pier coming out from the middle of town. If you are in real hurry you could share a taxi at about $5 per person each way .

What are the options and prices to get from the ship to Phillipsburg?

Also has anyone walked it? Is it safe? How long it take?

In the daylight or early evening I think that it is a safe walk. I have walked it many times during the day and its an easy and enjoyable walk. Some ships are now scheduled to overnight in St. Maarten and I would not feel safe walking from town to the ship at say 10 pm or later unless it was patrolled by security. I think that it takes about 15 minutes to get to the start of the town from the pier.

Unless the prices recently increased the cost for the "all day" water taxi is $7 pp ( children may be less ).

If anting to go to Divi Little Bay for a few hours and then Phillipsburg for a bit of shopping what transportation would be best ? Taxi to Divi and then water taxi back to ship ? Is it safe to walk from Divi to town ? Did it over 25 years ago and it was but heard it may have changed ? All advice welcome

Take taxi to and from Divi Little Bay - there is no water taxi you can get from Divi back to town or to pier. To walk from ship to Divi (or back) probably is a little more than 2.5 miles. Figure middle of town roughly half of that. It is walkable and safe to walk, at least during the day. Would I walk it when on a cruise stop - no way.