60 days away

rein53

Anyone on the same timetable interested in providing motivation for each other? I started on Sept. 3. Have lost 9 lbs. only lost 1 lb. this week. I am 5 ft. weighed 143. down to 134. am 61. this is the most I have ever weighed. would like to lose 20 lbs before the cruise in 8.5 weeks. can it be done? i really hope so!

At your current weight, I'd say that's a little ambitious. It probably can be done, but don't put your health at risk for it and honestly, I think you'd be doing so to hit 20 in 8 1/2 weeks.

That being said, I'm out of my mind over here acting like a person on Extreme Weight Loss so I should shut up and take my own advice before I keel over and die. :eek:

I just started my yearly pre-cruise weight loss--we sail Dec. 7. I usually start 6-8 weeks before a cruise; eating lighter and exercising more.

I can usually lose 10-12 pounds, sometimes more, in two months if I stick with it. I generally am about 140 to start and 128-30 when I end. (5'3", age 70).

I realize it would be better to do this all year round, but pre cruise dieting seems to work for me--the cruise is a big motivator. The last couple of years my top weight has gradually gone down, so that helps as well. If this trend keeps up maybe I won't have to diet at all!! (I wish)

It is harder to lose significant amounts if you are fairly close to your ideal weight, and everyone loses differently, so don't be discouraged. I tend to lose quite a bit the first couple of weeks and then more slowly from then on.

Anyone on the same timetable interested in providing motivation for each other? I started on Sept. 3. Have lost 9 lbs. only lost 1 lb. this week. I am 5 ft. weighed 143. down to 134. am 61. this is the most I have ever weighed. would like to lose 20 lbs before the cruise in 8.5 weeks. can it be done? i really hope so!

I am taller then you 5ft 4 inches, the same age and weigh a couple of pounds more. I also am on a diet- very low carbs and as you get closer to a normal weight it gets harder. If you truly limit you carbs to just a few a day, walk and exercise, you surely can loose a couple of pounds a week. You cannot cheat! Buy the Atkins diet book and it will help if you stick to it!.

My cruise is 12/26 and I want to knock off 10-15 lbs.

Good luck.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Sounds like you are doing a great job there Rein. Loosing !-2 lbs a week is a healthy amount to lose. Keep doing what you are doing and don't too hung up on a number. Hope your trip is fantastic and that you really enjoy yourself. Keep up all the hard work everyone else as well.

down 2 more lbs to 124 with 4 1/2 weeks to go. hoping I can lose 9 more lbs.. that would get me to 115. can I do it? we will see, but I wont be disappointed if I dont lose all 9. that would give me a total of 28 lbs since sept 3.

down to 123. lost 1 lb this week.

down 2 more lbs to 124 with 4 1/2 weeks to go. hoping I can lose 9 more lbs.. that would get me to 115. can I do it? we will see, but I wont be disappointed if I dont lose all 9. that would give me a total of 28 lbs since sept 3.

please tell what you are doing to lose every week

please tell what you are doing to lose every week

I am very rigid with my diet. I use slimfast. I make a shake. Ice in a blender, slimfast, a banana, and some instant coffee. 1 cup of raisin bran or granola raisin bran with 1/2 cup of skim milk for breakfast. salad and veggies for supper and at night. water, coffee, and an occasional diet soda. I really need an incentive.

I am very rigid with my diet. I use slimfast. I make a shake. Ice in a blender, slimfast, a banana, and some instant coffee. 1 cup of raisin bran or granola raisin bran with 1/2 cup of skim milk for breakfast. salad and veggies for supper and at night. water, coffee, and an occasional diet soda. I really need an incentive.

Rein, would you be open to some cautionary feedback on Slimfast? I'm not against meal replacements, so it's not going to be the usual "you should eat food" rant, but there are some things you should know.

Rein, would you be open to some cautionary feedback on Slimfast? I'm not against meal replacements, so it's not going to be the usual "you should eat food" rant, but there are some things you should know.

what is your caution?

Rein53, you have been such an inspiration to me!

I am the same height and weight as you were when you started. I am only down a few pounds so far, but just started exercising. I am hoping to lose at a steady pace. I have 88 days until I cruise. I too would like to be at 115 pounds at sail time (I am 139lbs. right now).

If you would be so kind as to share some details on how you continued to lose weight, I would be most greatful! I could use all the helpful tips you have!!

Amy

eliezra;48258231]Rein53, you have been such an inspiration to me!

I am the same height and weight as you were when you started. I am only down a few pounds so far, but just started exercising. I am hoping to lose at a steady pace. I have 88 days until I cruise. I too would like to be at 115 pounds at sail time (I am 139lbs. right now).

If you would be so kind as to share some details on how you continued to lose weight, I would be most greatful! I could use all the helpful tips you have!!

Amy

I really needed an incentive to lose this weight. My cruise in 2 weeks gave my this. I was just very determined that I was going to weigh 120 or less for this cruise. Drink lots of water. it will keep you feeling full. If I felt I needed something sweet I would drink 5 calorie lemonade mix. I did use slimfast. If you go back one page you will see my diet. I never varied. If I went out with friends I would order a plain salad with low cal. dressing on the side, and dip my salad. I was unable to do much exersize other than walking due to arthritis in in my hands and wrists. Hopefully, when I get back from my cruise I will be able to try again with the exercise, at least leg and abdominals. good luck! I weigh in Monday.