Is tipping calculated per day or night?

kg66

Hi there, we leave on Monday on RCL Enchantment of the Seas. I am trying to make up an envelope for the Gratuities to apply to our account . Is the $13.50 applied for each night you spend on the ship or per day? I can't find the answer here or on RCL's page. I used to know this , but.....brain fart:rolleyes:

Thanks,

Kathy

Hi there, we leave on Monday on RCL Enchantment of the Seas. I am trying to make up an envelope for the Gratuities to apply to our account . Is the $13.50 applied for each night you spend on the ship or per day? I can't find the answer here or on RCL's page. I used to know this , but.....brain fart:rolleyes:

Thanks,

Kathy

Each night.

Also, if you do not prepay tips, they will automatically be added to your onboard account.

Instead of carrying large amounts for tipping. Leave the daily service charge on. It's charge to room account overnight .

Many cruises now say X number of nights for a cruise. The day disembarkation isn't counted in the cruise .

Bar services adds 15% to each drink automatically as a tip.

At the end of the cruise , tip extra to those that made your cruise exceptional/

I sometimes will give one of the staff cleaning will I walking in the early morning.

Thanks everyone, I thought it was per night and remembered disembarkment didn't count. I like to go to GS and put the amount on our account right away so I don't have a balance at the end of the cruise. I hate having a CC charge at the end of it all. I save our spending cash once I book the cruise so once the cruise is over I don't wonder how I'm going to pay that off!! Lol....

Thanks everyone, I thought it was per night and remembered disembarkment didn't count. I like to go to GS and put the amount on our account right away so I don't have a balance at the end of the cruise. I hate having a CC charge at the end of it all. I save our spending cash once I book the cruise so once the cruise is over I don't wonder how I'm going to pay that off!! Lol....

If you think about it there really isn't an extra day as the day you embark typically starts late morning and the day you disembark ends mid morning. Those two time frames essentially equal one day, not two, even though the time is spread over two. That, to keep it clear for the passengers, I think is why the length of the cruise and all things associated with that are counted as nights, not days on board.

I'd check your exchange rate and determine which is better for you: paying in USD on the cruise, or pre-paying in CAN.

I'd check your exchange rate and determine which is better for you: paying in USD on the cruise, or pre-paying in CAN.

Hi Bob, but if I do that it gets charged to my credit card, and then there is a 1 or 2% exchange rate over and above the posted exchange rate at the bank for using my credit card:o. So since I've already exchanged it, I am better off settling it with cash. Thanks though;)

If you think about it there really isn't an extra day as the day you embark typically starts late morning and the day you disembark ends mid morning. Those two time frames essentially equal one day, not two, even though the time is spread over two. That, to keep it clear for the passengers, I think is why the length of the cruise and all things associated with that are counted as nights, not days on board.

Thanks, that makes perfect sense when you say it that way(y)

Hi Bob, but if I do that it gets charged to my credit card, and then there is a 1 or 2% exchange rate over and above the posted exchange rate at the bank for using my credit card:o. So since I've already exchanged it, I am better off settling it with cash. Thanks though;)

If you are on a 10 day cruise and the exchange rate is 2%, you save a grand total of $2.70. Hardly worth the bother.

DON

Most credit card companies in the United States waive the foreign exchange fee. Check with your credit card company on their website and they may also waive this fee