Best Beach Day

scubaslayer

I know this is a common thread, but what beach is best for a simple beach day? My kids (9 & 11) want there to be plenty to do. Maybe trampolines, paddleboards, watertrikes, and things along those lines. My husband and I would prefer less crowded and decent food (AI or not). There will be 6 ships in port, and it will be late December. Help! My only experience in Cozumel was shopping, and a week long dive trip.

PARADISE BEACH !!! We went a few years ago. Place is amazing. People are so nice. You will get assigned a host who will take care of you and make sure all of your needs are met. Omar was fabulous when we were there and was not intrusive. We paid $3 to get in which included beach chairs. All they ask is that you spend $10 per person on food and/or drink. We took 7 people there, ate lunch, kids had a few drinks, and our bill was $180 at the end of the day. Cost $40 round trip for the taxi. Can't beat it! There is plenty of shade if you want it at the beach. For a fee of around $15, your kids can purchase a band to do all the water toys in the ocean. They also have a gigantic pool with bar. It's truly a hidden gem and a paradise to say the least. The grounds are amazing and well taken care of. I strongly recommend Paradise Beach. You will have a wonderful day.

for the kiddos I would have to agree with Paradise Beach. The place is too crowded for my liking. I went once and likely wont go back....at least not with 4 ships in port. I take my kids on most of the cruise I go on but they aren't old enough to use the water toys at Paradise so Nachi Cocom is my go to.

I will have to look up Paradise beach. Isn't Mr Sancho's known for the drunk college party atmosphere? Most of what I had seen was chakanaab and playa Mia. I figured those will both be packed with families.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Because they offer AI you'll see people drinking more than normally at Sanchos -- not quite a frat party, but certainly more lively than some others.

We really like Playa Mia. We have never found it as crowded as Paradise. Lots to do there.

My worry with playa Mia is the ship does excursions there. With several ships in Port, I'm worried everything will be crowded. It isn't fun if it is too crowded to get to use things. I honestly wish we weren't traveling during school vacation time.

Because they offer AI you'll see people drinking more than normally at Sanchos -- not quite a frat party, but certainly more lively than some others.

Thanks. It's it better to be in the ai side it the alacarte side? Which place has better food? Probably won't drink while at the beach or more than one each anyway.

Sanchos offers both an AI side and a pay-as you-go side; food will be the same. For pay as you go we prefer Paradise Beach - INHO it offers better facilities and a HUGE pool. Your call. :cool:

Will be on the Victory in October, it arrives at 12 pm. I am trying to decide on getting AI at Mr Sanchos or just going pay as you go because it closes at 5 pm. By the time I get off the ship and to Mr Sanchos it would be about 1 pm. Anyone have input on the best way to go? We are not huge drinkers, however, it would be nice to have a few when on vacation.

Thanks,

Will be on the Victory in October, it arrives at 12 pm. I am trying to decide on getting AI at Mr Sanchos or just going pay as you go because it closes at 5 pm. By the time I get off the ship and to Mr Sanchos it would be about 1 pm. Anyone have input on the best way to go? We are not huge drinkers, however, it would be nice to have a few when on vacation.

Thanks,

First thing to determine is whether ship time is the same as local time which will depend on where your ship is sailing from and time of year - may not alter total number of hours but will alter whether you can stay until closing and possibly your perception of meal times.

We rarely buy AI in Cozumel because we do not spend that much on food and drink during the day on a cruise ship visit but with Mr Sanchos the bigger question is do you want the extra features attached to AI - area and extra pools etc?

Otherwise maybe look at Paradise Beach or Money Bar depending on ages of party and what activities you require.

• 2 weeks later...
Sanchos offers both an AI side and a pay-as you-go side; food will be the same. For pay as you go we prefer Paradise Beach - INHO it offers better facilities and a HUGE pool. Your call. :cool:

What's the difference in the facilities? We are going to Cozumel on the Victory in 4 weeks!!!!

Recent reports on the non-AI side of Sanchos have been negative. There is only one small pool.

PB is larger, offers a HUGE pool, plus better (IMHO) facilities -- changing rooms, lockers, etc.

Your call. :cool:

Recent reports on the non-AI side of Sanchos have been negative. There is only one small pool.

PB is larger, offers a HUGE pool, plus better (IMHO) facilities -- changing rooms, lockers, etc.

Your call. :cool:

But is the food charge worth the cost? I think my decision is hinting on the quality of the food. Also is all the water stuff, like inflatables, included or extra at Mr Sancho's? There website was hard to figure out what is included in the AI.

But is the food charge worth the cost? I think my decision is hinting on the quality of the food. Also is all the water stuff, like inflatables, included or extra at Mr Sancho's? There website was hard to figure out what is included in the AI.

Water toys are extra at Paradise and Sanchos.

Food and drink menu is slightly diffferent at Sanchos for AI and PAYG - not everything is on AI.

http://www.mrsanchos.com/mr-sanchos-cozumel-menus

Maybe look at day passes to AI hotel resorts if you want quieter.

Water toys are extra at Paradise and Sanchos.

Food and drink menu is slightly diffferent at Sanchos for AI and PAYG - not everything is on AI.

http://www.mrsanchos.com/mr-sanchos-cozumel-menus

Maybe look at day passes to AI hotel resorts if you want quieter.

We are looking for the toys and things for the kids. We just didn't want to go to the cruise excursion destinations with 6 ships in Port that day. Kids want a fun beach day, and good food is a way to help decide. We live on the border, so getting a fill of Mexican food isn't a big deal. We prefer quality over quantity.

Food at both Sanchos and PB is typical beach club fare - nachos, sandwiches, burgers, tacos, etc. Cost of toys, etc. are about the same. PB charges a $3 per person admission fee but is larger and can more easily handle the crowds. 6 ships is a typical day for Coz. Enjoy! :cool: