Bus situation Phillipsburg to Orient Beach?

tbmrt

Thinking of shopping Front/Back Streets and then heading to Orient Beach.

Any direct busses? If so, where can we get.

Otherwise, we'll just bite the bullet and do taxi to Orient and back.

Thanks

As Karysa has said the buses do not go to the beach. It is a longish hot walk from the main road (where buses run) to Orient Beach.

Taxis can actually be quite reasonable IF you are prepared to share. They are generally mini-vans. The best place to get a shared taxi is probably the cruiseship docks (also prices are posted there which helps). I am not aware of it (Philipsburg is not usually where we hang out) BUT there may be somewhere in Philipsburg where it is also easy to get a shared taxi. If you plan on doing this while you are staying at your hotel - ask at the hotel.

If you share a taxi the one way fare should be about $9 per person for 3 people, less if you are in a bigger van with more people.

I think (but I am not positive) that the taxi fare for 2 people (one way) to Orient Beach would be $20-$25.

In general a bus would work to get to Marigot but really not to any of the beaches.

Nearly forgot - there will not be any problem getting a taxi back from Orient Beach - always lots of taxis hanging around.

Edited by Zeno

As Karysa has said the buses do not go to the beach. It is a longish hot walk from the main road (where buses run) to Orient Beach.

Taxis can actually be quite reasonable IF you are prepared to share. They are generally mini-vans. The best place to get a shared taxi is probably the cruiseship docks (also prices are posted there which helps). I am not aware of it (Philipsburg is not usually where we hang out) BUT there may be somewhere in Philipsburg where it is also easy to get a shared taxi. If you plan on doing this while you are staying at your hotel - ask at the hotel.

If you share a taxi the one way fare should be about $9 per person for 3 people, less if you are in a bigger van with more people.

I think (but I am not positive) that the taxi fare for 2 people (one way) to Orient Beach would be $20-$25.

In general a bus would work to get to Marigot but really not to any of the beaches.

Nearly forgot - there will not be any problem getting a taxi back from Orient Beach - always lots of taxis hanging around.

Maho can be reached from bus and a short walk away mullet can be to.

Also I recently walked to a beach bar in Simpson Bay in 10 minutes from Sunset Beach bar in Maho. It was super easy and a very nice spot.