HoHo Bus at Lisbon

There are many different docking locations in Lisbon (the size of the ship may or may not have any bearing) so you need to find the docking location. You may have to take public transit or a taxi to central locaion (like Rosio Square) to get your HoHo. And keep in mind there are at least 3 different Hoho routes. You also might want to consider skipping the HoHo and simply using Tram #28.....which is quite a popular tram line that seems to go everywhere (for a lot less money then the HoHos)

Hank

There are (at least) two Ho-ho operators.

Both call at the downstream berth (near Belem), which is otherwise a 3-mile bus/taxi ride to the centre.

The other berth that I know is right in the centre - I don't know if the ho-hos call there, but there's certainly a stop within a 5 minute walk.

Tickets of one of the operators (sorry, don't recall which) include the little historic tram in the city centre.

Ho ho route is quite long, goes down to the Belem Tower & right up-river to the Oceanario, but it's not a spectacularly interesting route.

A pleasant way to spend part of your day, but if you have a short day perhaps skip the ho-ho & concentrate on exploring the city centre on foot

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

There are many different docking locations in Lisbon (the size of the ship may or may not have any bearing) so you need to find the docking location. You may have to take public transit or a taxi to central locaion (like Rosio Square) to get your HoHo. And keep in mind there are at least 3 different Hoho routes. You also might want to consider skipping the HoHo and simply using Tram #28.....which is quite a popular tram line that seems to go everywhere (for a lot less money then the HoHos)

Hank

There are (at least) two Ho-ho operators.

Both call at the downstream berth (near Belem), which is otherwise a 3-mile bus/taxi ride to the centre.

The other berth that I know is right in the centre - I don't know if the ho-hos call there, but there's certainly a stop within a 5 minute walk.

Tickets of one of the operators (sorry, don't recall which) include the little historic tram in the city centre.

Ho ho route is quite long, goes down to the Belem Tower & right up-river to the Oceanario, but it's not a spectacularly interesting route.

A pleasant way to spend part of your day, but if you have a short day perhaps skip the ho-ho & concentrate on exploring the city centre on foot

JB :)

Thanks to you both.

Sadly, exploring on foot is not an option as my husband has mobility problems.

Edited by campolady

In April, the Emerald Princess docked at Santa Apolónia, which is close to the Santa Apolónia railroad station and the historic district of Alfalma in central Lisbon. the HOHO bus was directly across the street from our berth. There were two other ships docked next to the Emerald Princess.

Have a great time in Lisbon! Check out my video of Lisbon & Sintra from highlights of Lisbon.

Ron

Trying to speculate on a docking location is just that.....speculation. And in Lisbon it is like rolling the dice. And previous docking locations have no bearing on the future. So we suggest simply looking up your actual scheduled docking location and doing your homework based on good info :). Here is a link to the port schedule.....although even a scheduled docking location can be changed at the last minute by the Harbor Master.

http://www.lct.pt/en/cruise-schedules

Hank

Trying to speculate on a docking location is just that.....speculation. And in Lisbon it is like rolling the dice. And previous docking locations have no bearing on the future. So we suggest simply looking up your actual scheduled docking location and doing your homework based on good info :). Here is a link to the port schedule.....although even a scheduled docking location can be changed at the last minute by the Harbor Master.

http://www.lct.pt/en/cruise-schedules

Hank

Thank you.

I am aware of 2 lines (red http://www.city-sightseeing.com/tour-details/portugal/lisbon.htm?id=140) and yellow - https://www.yellowbustours.com/Default.aspx?areaid=3

Yellow stops at Alcantara dock. IMO HOHO is not the good value in Lisbon, city is small and most places are easy to get to on public transit. I think day pass good on all public transit is 7 euro. Same goes for Sintra tours; can be reached for 2-3 euro on direct train from Rossio.