NCL shore excursion in winter only?

jerseyjill

NCL states that their shore excursion to Amalfi and Sorrento while docked in Naples in only available in the winter? Do you know why? Doesn't make sense if they offer one "Amalfi on land and Sea" featuring a boat ride along the coast and a day in Sorrento? Thanks!

NCL states that their shore excursion to Amalfi and Sorrento while docked in Naples in only available in the winter? Do you know why? Doesn't make sense if they offer one "Amalfi on land and Sea" featuring a boat ride along the coast and a day in Sorrento? Thanks!

If I had to guess, it's offered in the winter but not the summer because it us such a long excursion. In the summer months, I suspect tourism traffic makes the itinerary of the excursion very challenging to accomplish in a large bus. In the winter months, with less traffic and overall tourism congestion in the destinations, it's probably more feasible. As for NCL's "Sorrento and Amalfi on Land and Sea", it actually says "Tour is NOT offered on winter sailings" (capitalization is mine). Unless I'm looking at a different excursion from what you refer to above. But I don't see one named "Amalfi on land and Sea".

I do believe you are correct in that they are extremely busy in the summer when we will be there. We have been to Amalfi before and the roads leading up and down the mountains are hard enough to maneuver without worrying about more traffic. So I do believe you are correct.

Plus I have asked my personal cruise consultant and he is checking on my question with the shore excursion people.

Thanks to you all!