princess tea party?

poohb17

Does anyone know about a princess tea party. I thought I read something about them having a tea party with a princess or one of the characters? Can you book it before you go or do you have to wait until you get on the cruise? Does it cost money?

We will be going on the fantasy January 12th 2013

Thanks

Does anyone know about a princess tea party. I thought I read something about them having a tea party with a princess or one of the characters? Can you book it before you go or do you have to wait until you get on the cruise? Does it cost money?

We will be going on the fantasy January 12th 2013

Thanks

I believe it's only offered on the 7 night and longer cruises. It's Tea with... (Alice, Wendy, Princesses, Disney Friends, whichever character(s) are available schedule-wise to do the tea).

You get tickets at Guest Services once onboard. There are a limited number (no cost), so if you get tickets and opt not to go PLEASE turn your tickets in - there's always a waiting list.

:)

Thanks so much. We will be doing a 7 night cruise. I will make sure to check it out when we get on the ship.

How does the breakfast with the characters work? I have tons of questions sorry. This is my first disney cruise.

Thanks so much. We will be doing a 7 night cruise. I will make sure to check it out when we get on the ship.

How does the breakfast with the characters work? I have tons of questions sorry. This is my first disney cruise.

At this time the Fantasy isn't doing the character breakfast. I'm not sure about the tea (whether they are doing it or not). My reply was based on my experience on the Magic & Wonder.

But, keep asking questions, I'll try to help.

We are sailing on the Fantasy, in November. The concierge has told me that there are no plans for "character breakfasts" on the Fantasy. At this time, there are no "tea parties" either, however the concierge feels that they may be added, before our departure date.

Yes, they do have a tea party. Last November we went on the Wonder and Ariel and Tiana hosted the tea party. You must go guest services to get tickets, the seating is limited and they usually run out. I can't remember which day it was, but it is during one of the "at sea" days. You only get two tickets per estate room. They served apple juice and fresh baked cookies, taught the girls proper high tea etiquette and how to dance at a royal ball. My daughter dressed up as a princess and she felt like royalty. They announce each little girl upon arrival and they got walk down the "red carpet." An event not to be missed! We'll be doing it again during our upcoming cruise to Alaska. Get your tickets before the day of the event!

Yes, they do have a tea party. Last November we went on the Wonder and Ariel and Tiana hosted the tea party. You must go guest services to get tickets, the seating is limited and they usually run out. I can't remember which day it was, but it is during one of the "at sea" days. You only get two tickets per estate room. They served apple juice and fresh baked cookies, taught the girls proper high tea etiquette and how to dance at a royal ball. My daughter dressed up as a princess and she felt like royalty. They announce each little girl upon arrival and they got walk down the "red carpet." An event not to be missed! We'll be doing it again during our upcoming cruise to Alaska. Get your tickets before the day of the event!

While the Magic & Wonder do have the tea party (as well as the character breakfast), OP was asking about the Fantasy, which does not have either.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you think a girl who is just turning two years old (last day of the cruise!) is too young for the tea party? She is currently 22 months old and is already getting into putting on my clothes and our 3yr old neighbors dress up clothes, so I have recently bought her some size appropriate Disney princess dresses to bring on the cruise with us. I thought this tea party may be fun to bring her to (along with the 3yr old neighbor who will be travelling with us, and her mom as well :) ), however, if it's geared more for older girls, I can understand.

Thanks for any input! :)

Wow, nothing as "grand" on the Magic. No red carpet and no announcing the girl's arrival. :)

By the way, we got 3 tickets (1 for each person in our stateroom).

Do you think a girl who is just turning two years old (last day of the cruise!) is too young for the tea party? She is currently 22 months old and is already getting into putting on my clothes and our 3yr old neighbors dress up clothes, so I have recently bought her some size appropriate Disney princess dresses to bring on the cruise with us. I thought this tea party may be fun to bring her to (along with the 3yr old neighbor who will be travelling with us, and her mom as well :) ), however, if it's geared more for older girls, I can understand.

I would absolutely bring her! We started doing these kinds of things with my daughter when she was very young as well. No matter if they understand the full experience or not it's learning how to act in social situations, etc. that is such a great lesson. That being said, I am sure your daughter will love it. You get to have cookies and meet more characters - who doesn't love that! And be sure to let her dress up!

I would suggest going to guest services for the tickets as soon as you board. As mentioned the tea party is very popular and there are a very limited number of tickets.

I would absolutely bring her! We started doing these kinds of things with my daughter when she was very young as well. No matter if they understand the full experience or not it's learning how to act in social situations, etc. that is such a great lesson. That being said, I am sure your daughter will love it. You get to have cookies and meet more characters - who doesn't love that! And be sure to let her dress up!

I would suggest going to guest services for the tickets as soon as you board. As mentioned the tea party is very popular and there are a very limited number of tickets.

Oh great! Thanks!! I am sure she will be in awe of the characters and her own dressy dress. :)

We asked to sign up foe the Tea Party at Guest Services first thing upon boarding. On the Magic it is Alice's Tea Party. Alice and the Mad Hatter asked for two girls from the audience to sit at the table in place of the rabbits. My daughter (dressed as Princess Tianna) was chosen. At the end everyone is able to have their pictures taken with Alice and the Mad Hatter. There are cookies and apple juice at each table. It is very cute.

• 1 year later...
16....... with her Mama :o

My opinion is that because it's so limited in numbers and there are always little girls who are disappointed to be left out, it's better to defer to them, and last minute join them if there are tickets left.

Of course they should both attend wearing their princess gowns. It is never too early to expose any girl to the fine art of tea. The first time our daughter went to tea was when she was four months old and has been enjoying teas all over the world, including on Disney ships, ever since. This is the perfect tea for all little princes and princesses but don't forget your camera. There will be great photo opts. Also, get there early because the cute little girls get chosen to pour the tea at the table up front.

We've done the free tea party several times with different characters on the Magic. It was never so grand as what is described above--no red carpet or announcement, but no limit to number of tickets per cabin either (one per person). The event was repeated--2 sea day afternoons, but you could only attend once per cruise. It is open to all ages and sexes.

In my experience, you came in and were seated at a table in Studio Sea. They served apple juice and cookies. 2 kids were chosen to participate in the "program" part of it (when it was Wendy, they always chose boys to play her brothers). And at the end, there was time for photos with the characters.

As above, get tickets as soon as possible after boarding from GS (or concierge if you spent the big bucks). AND if you get them and decide to not attend, PLEASE turn them in...even at the last minute. There are always people wanting tickets who didn't get them.

For a brief time, there was a much more elaborate, highly priced tea party with lots of "take home" stuff. I haven't read about this for a long time, so think it doesn't happen any more.

We've done the free tea party several times with different characters on the Magic. It was never so grand as what is described above--no red carpet or announcement' date=' but no limit to number of tickets per cabin either (one per person). The event was repeated--2 sea day afternoons, but you could only attend once per cruise. It is open to all ages and sexes.

In my experience, you came in and were seated at a table in Studio Sea. They served apple juice and cookies. 2 kids were chosen to participate in the "program" part of it (when it was Wendy, they always chose boys to play her brothers). And at the end, there was time for photos with the characters.

As above, get tickets as soon as possible after boarding from GS (or concierge if you spent the big bucks). AND if you get them and decide to not attend, PLEASE turn them in...even at the last minute. There are always people wanting tickets who didn't get them.

For a brief time, there was a much more elaborate, highly priced tea party with lots of "take home" stuff. I haven't read about this for a long time, so think it doesn't happen any more.[/quote']

Well, on the Fantasy they have the Royal Tea, that costs big bucks:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/07/royal-high-tea-currently-in-sea-trials-on-the-disney-fantasy/

It depends on the ship. On the Magic and Wonder, there is the free (ticket from GS) tea known as "Tea with XYZ."

On the Fantasy, there is the "Royal Tea" which has a really fat fee. There is rumor that they are going to start the free tea on the Fantasy, but as far as I know, it has not started yet.

These are sea day only activities. On a 7 night Magic cruise, they do it twice. Each guest can only get 1 ticket (no, you can't go on both days).

We sailed on magic last year - around the med - when I asked at guest services about it I got strange looks from the staff. We're sailing on magic again next year - the med again hoping there will b a tea party as my dd was very disappointed last time around :confused:

We sailed on magic last year - around the med - when I asked at guest services about it I got strange looks from the staff. We're sailing on magic again next year - the med again hoping there will b a tea party as my dd was very disappointed last time around :confused:

If you said "tea party," it might explain the confusion. The event is called "Tea with Alice (or Wendy, or Disney Friends, or whomever they have planned.) It only happens on sea days...normally on 2 of the 3 sea days in a 7 night cruise.