Need HELP asap please for Coz!!

Clearwater

We ALWAYS book for Mr Sanchos as it is our favorite spot. Well I just popped on to book it and it is closed on March 4th for a private event. Our hearts dropped!! Then I tried to book at Nachi and it is sold out! I am sure because of the overflow of Mr Sanchos.

With that said - can anyone recommend an AI (preferably) that isn't overrun with kids, good food and drinks??? Anything similar to Mr Sanchos? I prefer to find a place I can actually reserve - we can't get to a spot and then be turned away because it is packed etc.

Here is why I have to be picky - We are a varied group, mostly in our 40's, our moms who are in their 60's and my grandmother will be almost be 94. She is fantastic but can't walk long distances. We usually sit her under a table that has a palapa and she eats and drinks and enjoys the day. She is old so can't do watersports etc... but is fine enjoying the day out there. I can't book a resort that she will have to walk miles to get situated etc.

Can anyone please help me find a spot as soon as possible? I am really worried as I have only booked Mr. Sanchos in my past and have no idea where else to go.

We love Paradise Beach and there are plenty of shady, nice places to park your grandma for the day! All with beautiful views! It isn't AI, but you just pay as you go and the food and service there was amazing! It's also not too far from the port! I know you would love it!

Nachi Cocom - limited to 130 guests per day, no water toys, small pool with swim up bar, hot tub, nice beach, great service. AI for about $55 each.

OP said in first post Nachi was booked!

She is looking for an alternative.

Good food, drinks, easy to get around. On beach and pool. We do not care about water sports. Some shade and not overrun if possible. Similar to a Mr Sanchos or Nachi if possible.

AI with beach AND pool are going to severely limit your choices.

I would suggest looking at Cozumel Watersports which offers passes to several resort hotels that you can pre-book to see if you can find an alternative. The hotels to the south do tend to have a long walk from lobby to beach because of the mangrove.

Park Royal near Puerta Maya may be a possibility although normally within walking distance of pier I would suggest a taxi under your circumstances. Also distance walking around resort is subjective depending on mobility. However it has a small beach and cannot be prebooked.

Alternatively maybe time for a complete change of pace and consider hiring a driver for the day (we always use ToursPlaza) and taking a ride round the island and stop at perhaps Punta Morena on east coast or Palancar in the south. Doesn't fulfill your main criteria but may help with transport and mobility issues. Lots of suggestions of places to stop on their website. We have done that with a 90-year old. You can choose how many places you stop and for how long.

Maybe you can look at Papito's, they are in Punta Sur Park. It is around 25 min taxi drive from International Pier. Normally it is not crowded because is one of the spots that is far away from the pier. Service, food and drinks are excellent and also they have spots with shade for your grandma. Or why don't you call the Occidental? Walking to the beach is not hard, but it is a long distance, but maybe they are wheelchair accessible. The beach of the Occidental is very nice and also de food and drinks are good. Also you can try Alberto's Beach Bar, they are close to the entrance of "El Cedral", they are pay as you go, but I would say the food is excellent and also the drinks. They have a medium palapa and some small ones close to the beach.

Thanks everyone - I will try Paradise Beach and then will look up the suggestions of Gintraveler. We really don't want to do the driver tour as we have done that in the past. There is a big group and they definitely want a beach/pool environment. I am just really bummed about Mr Sancho's. It is always so accommodating for her and we love it. Thanks for the help, it is appreciated.

Thanks everyone - I will try Paradise Beach and then will look up the suggestions of Gintraveler. We really don't want to do the driver tour as we have done that in the past. There is a big group and they definitely want a beach/pool environment. I am just really bummed about Mr Sancho's. It is always so accommodating for her and we love it. Thanks for the help, it is appreciated.

I understand if you don't want a driver for the day, just thought it might alleviate transport issues.

I would not recommend Occidental for your group. I have stayed there and unless you can email and see if they can provide transportation to the beach,or you have a wheelchair, it is a LONG walk due to crossing the mangroves.

Alberto's is a little further down the coast but very laid back and rustic, no pool.

Papitos is a possibility but you would need to secure return transport in advance, pay park admission and again no pool.

Paradise Beach is one of your best options if you are willing to forgo booking and AI.

Like I said fulfilling all your wishlist would be very difficult at this point.

Edited by c-leg5

I know from you posts you want AI, and want to be able to reserve, but I second Paradise Beach, we just got back from there and LOVED it, plenty of shade under the palms, they had tons of seating by very large pool and on beach, they have a lot of water toys anchored just off shore to climb and play on, of course for an additional charge. It cost's $3 to get into paradise beach, and they have full bar and restaurant and just next door is Carlos and Charlie's Beach Restaurant. This place also had folks on seaweed duty, they were raking up and pulling in seaweed to keep the beach clean. I was really impressed with this location. We took a taxi from port, it cost $15 one way, and $15 back. They always have a Taxi line there waiting to take you back also.

I know from you posts you want AI, and want to be able to reserve, but I second Paradise Beach, we just got back from there and LOVED it, plenty of shade under the palms, they had tons of seating by very large pool and on beach, they have a lot of water toys anchored just off shore to climb and play on, of course for an additional charge. It cost's $3 to get into paradise beach, and they have full bar and restaurant and just next door is Carlos and Charlie's Beach Restaurant. This place also had folks on seaweed duty, they were raking up and pulling in seaweed to keep the beach clean. I was really impressed with this location. We took a taxi from port, it cost $15 one way, and $15 back. They always have a Taxi line there waiting to take you back also.

Thanks! We are going to go there. It looks lovely - I was just worried that I couldn't prereserve spots for us. Was it overly crowded?? I was worried with the other spots sold out and Mr Sanchos closed, it would be crazy busy. That was my only worry - getting there and it be full and being turned away with nowhere else to go. Thoughts?

Add Playa Mia also not available. Starting to freak out!!

Freaking out is not allowed on a cruise vacation!!!!!:D:D

Try a day pass from resorts for a day or cozumel shore excursions or directly from a hotel. We have been to Cozumelano and Occidental. Both are nice. Occidental is a lot of walking from the entrance to the beach.