Getting a cab ride BACK to the peir? Also a good PRIVATE beach? :)

k_y30

So, me and my girlfriend are going to cozumel in april, I've been there before but never did more than walk around the carnival peir area. She really wants to go to a beach and the only Mexican beach I've been to was progresso and I didn't like it because EVERYONE would surround you and try to sell you something.

So, we are going on carnival again and I've been looking into different beaches and cab fare but I never thought about getting BACK to the peir.

Do the different beaches just have cab drivers waiting around to pick passengers up, like at an airport? Do you hail a cab passing by? I'm just worried because I don't want to get stranded in Mexico because we missed the boat.

And my second question, what is a good beach to go to? We don't need all inclusive because neither one of us are comfortable eating/drinking food in Mexico but we do not want to go to a public beach. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cozumel Port has a Taxi line out by the main road and most of the resorts have taxi lines waiting to bring people back to port. The cost is around $15 -$20 depending on how far away from port you go. The Taxi driver should know what pier you are at based on your cruise ship name, but I would make sure I knew what pier my boat was in, since Cozumel has several different piers.

Mr Sanchos is probably one of the most talked about All Inclusive beach resorts; however, I just got back from Paradise Beach and LOVED it, plenty of shade under the palms, they had tons of seating by very large pool and on beach, they have a lot of water toys anchored just off shore to climb and play on, of course for an additional charge. It cost's $3 to get into paradise beach, and they have full bar and restaurant that you can buy drink and food at and just next door is Carlos and Charlie's Beach Restaurant, they give you free shots, blow whistles in your ears and shake your head for free!! Or you can pay them to do the same...

Playa Palancar on the SE tip of the island is more secluded because it's further away. No vendors there although an employee of the beach may ask you once if you want a massage. The taxi fare was $25 each way from Puerta Maya pier when we were there in July 2016 but there is no charge to use the beach.

941185_10151579930879635_1537165690_n_zpsz9zjx3oj.jpg

DSCN1503_zpsaun46z5w.jpg

We were in Cozumel at the end of January and took a taxi. They have a sign outside the terminal area with locations and rates. I would ask the taxi driver if there would be taxis available to come back. We were at Money Bar and when we decided to leave there was 2-3 taxis waiting across the street.

I have posted a picture of the taxi sign (locations and rates) on my blog. See my Cozumel post from January.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No matter where you go in Cozumel.... if you need a taxi, just ask. The staff at any restaurant or shop will run out into the street and flag one down for you. No kidding. Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw this happen. The guy literally stood in middle of the street.