Choco Bar?

skiiergirl

Has anyone been to the Casa Cortes Choco Bar?

I can't believe as many times as I have been to SJU I am just now hearing about it!

If you have been, what did you have? What did you enjoy the most?

We will be in SJU a couple of times later this year. Mr Ski always wants to do Punta de Vista for lunch. Should I try to talk him into Choco Bar instead? Or should we still do Punta de Vista but eat lighter and then go to Choco Bar for dessert? Can you purchase items "to go" at Choco Bar?

Thanks so much!!!

• 3 months later...

I have been to Casa several times. I wanted to try their pumpkin soup, but they didn't have it when I tried twice. The grilled cheese is good, and so is the cold chocolate drink with rum.

Go there for dessert and cold chocolate drink. I don't think a husband who really likes Punts de Vista would be happy with just Casa. I know you can get the cold chocolate drink to go, because it came in a plastic cup. I wouldn't want to get the food to go, though. The atmosphere is one of the attractions. There's a similar place in Condado near the Doubletree.

If you take the trolley that stops closest to the pier, if you get off at the Ft Cristobol stop at Plaza Colon, walk up San Francisco street to Casa.

This place is amazing! We will be there again in a few weeks on the Breeze.

It's about .5 miles from port, an easy walk.

It is also a bit pricey, but worth it.

They make a club with turkey, ham and chocolate covered bacon on chocolate bread. YUM!!

Just around the corner is San Juan Cathedral, also worth stopping by.

It's gorgeous.

We visited Choco Bar in September. It was actually easy to find and we got there about 2:30 on a Sat afternoon. It was crowded but we were able to get a table. I had the grilled cheese and pumpkin soup. The soup was "ok" but the sandwich was yummy. I really thought it sounded weird...but I would definitely order it again. On the way out I noticed two ladies that had beautiful plates but I couldn't tell what they were. They said it was the waffle plate. If I get to go back I will definitely get it. I had the chocolate martini also. It was yummy. I was the one eager to go and I was the one that enjoyed it the most. One person in our group only got an order of French fries. One person only got a chocolate milkshake...but said it was yummy. The fourth got a ham and egg sandwich which did not have anything chocolate. LOL

So I thought it was worth the visit and would definitely visit there again...however there are still many SJU restaurants we want to try...so probably won't make it back there anytime soon.