QE2 gym

DHhero

No charge to use the gym.

It does tend to be crowded in the morning hours, making it a bit cramped, as it is not a large space.

They have lifecycles, treadmills, and eliptical cardio machines for which there is a sign-up sheet to reserve a time for yourself.

Also an assortment of Nautilus type weight machines and free weights.

There is a charge however for some of the work-out classes. The charge is usually around $10 per class for yoga, aerobics, pilates etc.

During non-class times you are free to use this space for your own excercising.

The gym has a small pool, no charge, but it may close in rough seas. There is a charge for the water aerobics classes.

After lunch the gym is far less crowded than in the mornings.

The spa, elsewhere on the ship, unfortunately, does charge for use of the thelassotherapy pool. Up to a few years ago there was no fee.

I don't think there is a fee for the saunas.

My husband has asked me to ask about the gym. If anybody has made use of it can you tell me what equipment they have, is there a charge for its use etc?

Thank you

The equipment can be booked in advance quite easily. There are 30 minute slots and obviously some times are more popular than others. A lot will depend on the age/health profile of your fellow travellers. Some voyages seem to attract more people keen on fitness pursuits than others!

IMO it's worth the effort and means one can go the distance on the menus without piling on the pounds!:)

Julia - the secret is to get a cabin on a high deck - that reduces the stairs to almost nothing!:)

You're speaking with forked tongue Malcolm:) 1104 is just SO convenient on foot for the gym:) Please remind us how much you put on over the pre Christmas cruise. You're a bad boy and not a good example. I give you 10 years and a heart concern to chnage your view!:)

Is it! 1104 is on Deck 1, the gym is somewhere well below that. I suppose that there's always a lift If you really must go to the gym:p ).

You're a lost cause:) . If I were religious, there's probably a saint for you.:)

I have seen the gym its down C stairway, near the hospital, that must say something. :rolleyes: Just remember if you use the gym and come up in the lift, get off on one deck or you end up in the Princess Grill :o.

My current view on the gym mirrors Kindlychap but in my younger days in the 70s I used the gym regularly (no charge for the weight room then). On one occasion Rod Stewart appeared in the gym with two large "associates". The two associates used the weight machines while Rod chatted with the rest of us. A very nice guy to chat with. Now we see the secret of how the Rich and Famous maintain their fit bodies, the entourage does the heavy lifting.

All the best,

Jim.

Archived