Cabana rental

CRUISEWITHH

Can anyone tell me about the cabana's on Grand Turk. Are they all in the same area or is there one that is better than the other location.

Do they come with any amenities? Drinks?

How many are there? I have rented one but not sure if we will keep it.

Seems like a lot of money ($149) for just one day if all they do is keep the sun off you.

Helen

• 1 month later...
I just came from the link you posted. I am terrible with scale and am wary that maps are not to scale.

That map is not the real thing and is indeed a model. Check out google earth if you have the app, there's a panoramic pic there that shows the cabanas. The cabana numbers are from right to left.

We rent one every time we visit GT. They are poolside and close together. We usually get one in the middle. It's a very short walk to the beach. I'm not a sun person and we have a little one so that's our main reasons for getting one. No food or drink included, but you can get waiter service from Margaritaville which is pricey or walk down to Jack's Shack. We like the ability to keep our belongings locked up while we go to beach, pool or shopping. Each cabana has comfy couches, air conditioning and an outdoor shower to rinse off from the beach.

personally I wouldnt rent one again after the first time. while its nice having your own space to store your stuff and sit in the shade...its in the middle of the cruise complex/margaritaville. When I vacation I like to get out and see where I am at....visit the island. the cabanas feel like they are on the cruise ship...all the same people you see on the ship are right in front of you. The beach isnt right there...the pool is. I would rather get a chair and umbrella on the beach for a lot less money and actually enjoy what the island has to offer.

• 1 month later...

The cabanas were great. They were a short walk to the beach (3 or 4mins), pool was right there. Cabana is air conditioned so we had lunch there. Yes, Margaritaville is expensive but food and drinks are consistent. Also can lock your stuff in the cabana. Would always do this!

Sent from my iPad using Forums