Grand Turk beaches

ActiveIslander

Hi, we are going to Eastern Caribbean in a week on Caribbean Princess. I try to decide if we will go to the governor's or Pillory beach? Any recommendation is appreciated. We like beach and snorkel (but not a must have) but are more relax and easy style. Is excursion on our own easy to do? I think the cruise will stay in port from 1pm-7pm.

By the way, does either beach have chair and snorkel gears to rent? Thanks

When we visited Grand Turk, we went to Governors beach, took a taxi from port for very cheap (just walk to the left as if you are leaving the shopping area and there are tons of taxis waiting). Admittance was free and chairs were available, snorkel gear was available for rental and there was also a snack shack with food and drinks. The beach was the most beautiful beach I have ever been to, the water was beautiful and the sand powder soft. An extra plus, as every wave rolls onto the beach, it comes with beautiful sea glass, so the shore is lined with it. We enjoyed a long walk down the beach picking up shells and sea glass, more beautiful than we had ever seen.

Hi, we are going to Eastern Caribbean in a week on Caribbean Princess. I try to decide if we will go to the governor's or Pillory beach? Any recommendation is appreciated. We like beach and snorkel (but not a must have) but are more relax and easy style. Is excursion on our own easy to do? I think the cruise will stay in port from 1pm-7pm.

Feel free to do as you choose, but the beach where the ship docks is gorgeous! If you turn left off the pier, the bottom is sandier. Beach chairs are free, but you can rent ($20) clamshell things for a bit of shade if desired.

You'll really enjoy Grand Turk! We were there for our 2nd time a few weeks ago on the Carnival Freedom and spent the day at the beach area to the left of the cruise pier, we got chairs in the shade and convenient to Margaritaville for bar and food. The beach and water were fantastic.

...also, I am envious of your cruise on the Caribbean Princess. My wife and I were on this ship several years ago for our 25th anniversary and loved it!

ENJOY AND HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Pillory Beach is where the Bohio Dive Resort is located. We snorkeled right from the shore. You do need to go pretty far out to see some fish and coral. The water was beautiful and clear. The beach was not crowded at all, and we enjoyed our day at Pillory Beach. Away from the crowds....

ActiveIslander, please come back and let us know what you wound up doing. We are on GT in November for the same time frame and would love to know your recommendations. We are planning to bring our own snorkel gear, so we won't need rental. Hope you had a great time!

• 3 months later...

Guten tag! Not sure the name of the beach. If your ship docks on the port side of the pier you can see the beach from the port side of the ship. You walk off the pier and turn left. Check out Grand Turk on google maps using the satellite feature. The cruise port is on the southwest part of the island.

Hello,

how is the Name of this Beach?

Thanks