Alaska gulf or more time on land?

We are researching options for an Alaska cruise/land tour and trying to decide between spending more time on land or cruising across the gulf of Alaska. Specifically I'd like to hear from those who have cruised the gulf. Wondering what there is to see and if you would recommend time in the gulf or on land.

You don't really 'cruise' the gulf, you sail through it to get to Whittier/Seward. When you are in the gulf, you are too far from land to see anything. You have to cruise the gulf on a one way cruise to/from Vancouver. A cruise crossing the gulf would visit Hubbard Glacier and/or College Fjord. I'm not sure how this factors in to a land tour. EM

Not too sure what you're asking exactly.

Parents and Sis did an Alaskan bus tour in the mid 80's. They really enjoyed it and it's still being offered.

Many cruise lines offer land tours before/after only- way cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are researching options for an Alaska cruise/land tour and trying to decide between spending more time on land or cruising across the gulf of Alaska. Specifically I'd like to hear from those who have cruised the gulf. Wondering what there is to see and if you would recommend time in the gulf or on land.

Having crossed the Gulf twice on one way cruises between Seward and Vancouver I can assure you that there is NOTHING to see in the gulf unless you run across a whale. Occasionally you will see the mountains n the horizon. In AK you want to spend as much time as possible on land or very close to shore.