Divina balcony but do not need the experience

MILEMRKR63

Good Afternoon. I appreciate any info provided by you in advance.

I will be sailing the Divina in August 2017 (first MSC cruise). My challenge is that I see the balcony stateroom I want, but I do not need the experience that comes along with it as we will be purchasing a beverage package. Is there any way to get that Fantastica balcony at the Bella pricing without the amenities? The difference in pricing is approx. 300.00 between Bella and Fantastica.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

From what I understand is each level has specific cabin locations , So if you want a certain cabin in Fantastica you would have to purchase the Fantastica experience.

Depending how much you drink a "drink package" may not be the best price. Besides the drinks you get with the Balcony experience, you can purchase coupon type drink tickets for a decent price, that you can share. Might want to check out that before you actually pay for the entire drink package for both of you.

I will be sailing the Divina in August 2017 (first MSC cruise). My challenge is that I see the balcony stateroom I want, but I do not need the experience that comes along with it as we will be purchasing a beverage package. Is there any way to get that Fantastica balcony at the Bella pricing without the amenities? The difference in pricing is approx. 300.00 between Bella and Fantastica.

Thank you in advance.

Most of the Bella balcony cabins have an element of undesirability:-

Deck 8 ; most cabins have either a metal in hull balcony ( front hump plus a few on the rear hump) or they have the view of a top of a lifeboat ( all the recessed areas)

Deck 9, 10, 11 ; the cabins are , with the exception of four H cabins plus four others, all a smaller size *148 sq. ft. (cf. 192 for standard balcony) and a balcony area of 34 sq. ft. (cf. 42 for a standard balcony)

Deck 13 ; are the infamous "Juliette" balconies.

IMHO the only Bella cabins worth having are any on the rear hump with the exception of the rearmost four on either side

as they are standard size and have full 180 degree views.

pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank you for your replies. They have been very helpful. I just booked the aft balcony on deck 10 I preferred and was advised the promo they offered included unlimited drinks during lunch and dinner, cabin credit and free wifi. I will forgo the drink packages and just order the coupons instead.

Thank you again!

Thank you for your replies. They have been very helpful. I just booked the aft balcony on deck 10 I preferred and was advised the promo they offered included unlimited drinks during lunch and dinner, cabin credit and free wifi. I will forgo the drink packages and just order the coupons instead.

Thank you again!

On the Med cruises you can upgrade your drinks package once onboard from the mealtime to 'all the time' - I presume you'll be able to do this on Divina but hopefully a recent cruiser can let you know

Thank you again!

The deck 10 aft cabins have huge balconies, at 118 sq ft. they are some of the biggest outside of the YC.

only the corner balconies next to the hump all are bigger

have a very enjoyable cruise

Pete

Thank you in advance.

Not really.