Irie Blue Hole or Rose Hall AI for Family with 12 and 11 year old kids

momtoty2001

Our cruise RC Freedom stops in Falmouth Jamaica and we are trying to plan an excursion as this is our first trip to Jamaica. It will be my DH, myself,

DS (12) and DD (11).

We are looking at possibly booking a private excursion to Blue Hole with Courtney Taylor or Peate Taylor but I'm a bit worried my kids will be too young for this excursion? They are both fairly good swimmers and somewhat adventurous but I'm not sure if we should do this our the Rose Hall All-inclusive excursion instead.

Can anyone share their experience with Blue Hole.. Were there kids there, Is it a fairly safe excursion?

or

Is Rose Hall a good excursion?

Thank you for your help! :)

I've not done either, but I know where they are and you might want to take the ride into consideration. I know that 11 & 12 year olds can get antsy in a car on long drives and the Blue hole is going to be close to 2 hrs each way.

Rose Hall is much closer so if sitting in a van is a factor, you might want to use that knowledge in your decision.

If your kids are good riders, then Blue Hole might be awesome for them! Everyone I know that went there has LOVED it!

I can only comment on Hilton Rose Hall...it is amazing and definitely an excellent place to take the kids. They have a huge lazy river, water slides, pools and plenty to do there.

I have a complete review of the place with TONS of pictures in my signature line if you are interested. :)

Thank you both for your replies!

I agree with the Long car ride being a challenge with kids.. I have heard that it is only 1 hour each way though? I could be totally wrong and would love to hear if anyone knows the answer to this..

Thank you so much!

Irie Blue Hole is just over an hour from Falmouth. We went on our Freedom of The Seas cruise last year and booked with Courtney Taylor. He is terrific and Irie Blue Hole is amazing! I cannot imagine your kids won't enjoy it. If they can swim they should be fine. The guides are there to help anyone who may need assistance and they are terrific. Scenery is breathtaking! If you go, ask Courtney to also take you to Scotchies for lunch. Great local place. Courtney met our group right outside the port area and took very good care of us. Cannot recommend him highly enough.

Thank you both for your replies!

I agree with the Long car ride being a challenge with kids.. I have heard that it is only 1 hour each way though? I could be totally wrong and would love to hear if anyone knows the answer to this..

Thank you so much!

We went the the Blue Hole with Ricardo at Libertytoursjamaica and our group LOVED it. It was an hour each way. Ricardo takes a small group and will cater to your needs. He stopped at a local shopping center before we got to the falls so we could buy some trinkets and beach towels. I tend to collect shot glasses from every port, so I wanted one of Ocho Rios. No problem MON according to Ricardo. I saw some teens there having the time of their lives! This tour would definalty be more adventureous for them! Give Ricardo a try you won't be disappointed!

The Blue Hole will be a great experience that will be very different from the typical commercial developed place. Depending on your and their comfort zone, there are plenty of options for enjoying the place. We went last week with our older teens and everyone loved it. I would recommend a waterproof camera but regular was no problem for us.

Would highly recommend the driver we used - Errol Bowen http://www.traveljamaicatours.com