Room setup with 3yr old

Lem21

Hi

We have a balcony cabin on P&O Ventura.

My little one is 3 and there is no way she can sleep on the pull down.

Ideally we don't want to either so was hoping we could pull the mattress off as someone has suggested on another thread.

I asked P&O if I could do that and they said no for health and safety. Maybe silly for asking but is anyone going to stop us doing this.

We also asked if they could put the beds together as we won't be using pull down, again they said no it has to be used in that way.

Any suggestions would be welcomed,

We are taking her blow up bed just in case.

I've been told I can call and upgrade to superior or delux whatever it's called to get a sofa for her to sleep on, I assume this would be costly

Edited by Lem21

Is there a couch?

Can she cosleep?

Suggestion. Take pillow, fit into a crib fitted sheet. Instant bed, no extra packing. We did that in a hotel, kid was happy.

Or just fold up a blanket, make a pallet on the floor?

I wouldn't put a younger kid in a pull down.

You would have to upgrade to the "Superior Deluxe Balacony" on the D Deck to have a sleeper couch - in regards to price you'll have to check with the cruise line.... I can tell you I am an a Celebrity Cruise this summer and 2 weeks before final deposit there have been price drops and the Veranda rooms selling for less than Ocean View

If you're NOT using the pullman, just tell your cabin attendant you want the main beds together...they will do that for you. Use the blow up bed for your child.. Very easy. The folks on the phone will give you the info in their handbook....the cabin attendant will do as you wish.

Just make sure you don't have one of those room that the beds can't be put together. I've seen them listed on a few deck plans. Not sure if there are any on P&O. That would be the only reason they couldn't be put together. I agree that I wouldn't put a three year old on an upper bunk. We were lucky on the two NCL ships when dd was three, they had trundles that we pulled out from under the bed. She's now five and we were going to try the RCCL pull down a few months ago but the cabin steward wouldn't take it down because she had to be six. Luckily there was a small couch and he made that up for her to sleep. Co-sleeping with her, at any age, would have been a nightmare. Short of a trundle or couch, I'd take a small blow up mattress. We used one in a hotel once when there were only king rooms and dd loved it. It doesn't take much space and you can put it under the bed or vertically against a wall when it's not being used.