How to prebook taxi from Copenhagen pier to airport

Our flight will be leaving Copenhagen at 10:00 AM after the cruise. I know it is early and I want to avoid the mad lines at the taxi stand so we would not miss our flight.

Many here have suggested prebooking a taxi. How does one go about doing it? Has anyone done it?

There are airport shuttles that you can pre-book and also the cruiseline offers a transfer to the airport.

This is the only place I have seen such a long taxi line up between 8-9:30 am when disembarking. It really took me by surprise. :eek:

I saw someone use the Purser's phone to call their transportation and others use their own cell phones to do it, before disembarking. When you prebook a shuttle they hold up a sign with your name on it. Just google airport shuttle Copenhagen and browse to see what's available.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I tried looking on the web site but couldn't find the phone number for the taxi service from the port to the airport.

I may be looking in the wrong place....:(

Can you send me the page link? Or is this it?

Thanks,

Ohana

http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com/content/cruise_copenhagen/more_facts_and_info/faq

You should find this site useful.

It also gives a phone number to call a taxi to pre book one.

Thank you for the taxi contact information.

Any advice for traveling to Copenhagen with our kids 12 & 9? We will only be able to spend 1 full day in that city and I want to maximize the time to the fullest.

Have a great day!

Ohana

Codan Taxa - phone number 70252525

http://www.codantaxi.dk/

Amager-Øbro - Taxa phone number 32515151

http://www.amagerobrotaxi.dk/

Taxa 4x35 - Normal taxi phone number 35 35 35 35 and big taxi phone number 35 39 35 35

http://www.taxa4x35.dk/

Hi - Would someone clarify for me on the taxi/transportation please.

I see and have been to the three taxi sites referenced by Danish Viking however I cannot understand and I also would like to find out information about shuttle services.

We have 7 people going from the Marriott Copenhagen to the cruise port (not sure which one yet for the June 19th Crown Princess) and would like to schedule a van service.

Taxi is fine from the airport to the hotel on the previous day as there are only 3 of us. If a shuttle or a taxi can be scheduled in advance I much rather prefer that route.

Thank you,

2Scots

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/tourist/plan_and_book/how_to_get_around/taxis

Try the above link for taxi information.

Re: in the Marriott lobby there was a sign that offers a shuttle to the ship. You book it at the hotel.

Also, the concierge can arrange a taxi/van for you and your group. Will cost more if re: arranged, I believe. There were always taxis out front of the hotel. We just made sure we did not want to go when the crowd was there...about 12 noon, check out time...lobby and taxis were busy.

Also, google airport transport for shuttles and private limos...from pier to airport etc.

It was the return that we found surprising re: taxi line up from ship to hotel/airport.

another link:

http://www.portprofiles.com/Baltic/Denmark/Copenhagen/airport_to_ship.html

When I went on the Star Princess we left from Freeport pier. Check with cruiseline for shuttle and which pier the Crown will use. The above link shows ship schedules and shows the Crown at Frihavnen also called Freeport in Copenhagen.

dog

I contacted a limousine service going from pier to Copenhagen Airport on the last day of cruise. Quote was DKK 950,00., about US$198.00 for 4 peple.

What would have a regular taxi cost?

I will try to call a taxi company.

I contacted several places in CPH...here's the best deal I found so far.

danishlimousine.com......they want 750,000 DKK from pier to airport (approx $155 USD).....this is in the beginning if Aug for what it's worth

...it's that or $49 pp for Princess transfers.....we are better off for the 4 of us....that way we know somebody will be waiting....good luck

I contacted a limousine service going from pier to Copenhagen Airport on the last day of cruise. Quote was DKK 950,00., about US$198.00 for 4 peple.

What would have a regular taxi cost?

I will try to call a taxi company.

That qoute is either insane or prices have gone way up in less than 3 years. In the summer of 2005 I paid around $30-40 to go from pier to airport in a taxi.

How far is the pier from the airport?

How long will it take to get from the pier to the airport?

Maybe it is the price of gas that has driven up the prices.

Did you go to the pier with 2 people or more?

That qoute is either insane or prices have gone way up in less than 3 years. In the summer of 2005 I paid around $30-40 to go from pier to airport in a taxi.

Yes, the gas price has gone up but not to justify that increase. It was my husband and I in the taxi. Even if you need to take 2 taxis I doubt it will be $200!

The pier is like 20-25 mins from the airport.

Maybe somebody that has recently taken a cab will chime in. I am interested in the answer as i will be in Copenhagen in August for a cruise.

I just checked the website of the Denmark tourism Board. They say average fare from Copenhagen airport to city center (which is near where the pier is) is 190 DKK, which at today's rates is approx. $40. They also charge an additional 20 DKK for each bag/suitcase in the trunk. So assuming you have 4 suitcases the taxi ride would be around $56. That is in line with what I paid 3 years ago, when you take into consideration the decline of the US$$.

I checked the website for The Square hotel (where we'll be staying in June), and it said the average taxi price from airport to city center should be about $52. It didn't mention anything about luggage. I assume we'll need two taxis for four people plus luggage.

Now here's another question -- does anyone know how much it costs from the hotel (the Marriott or one of the hotels in town) to the pier?

The taxi fare is only 200 - 250 kroner, the price of 750 and 950 is for a stretch limousine.

The danish taxis are mostly Mercedes E class, BMW 3 Series, Peugeot 407 and others in that class.

Bigger cars (7 persons) are Mercedes Vito, VW Transporter, Audi Q7 and other alike.

The huge differences in prices we've mentioned here is that the quote I and another poster received are from limousine services. Taxis of course will be less. However, a limousine service can easily be prebooked online but I will call several taxi companies to see if they will accept prebooking. I have to wait for midnight my time to call (it will be 9:OO AM in Copenhagen) and I will post my result.

Danish Viking, do you know if taxis can be prebooked? Will they show up reliably ?

Let me know if you get in touch with the taxi service on how much that will cost. Thanks:)

I called several taxi companies and I was quoted 250-300 DKK for 4 people plus 4 bags. They all told me I don't have to prebook,I can call from the ship and it takes them 10 minutes to get there. The problem is connecting with the correct taxi when there are hundreds of people and taxis. The operator of one company said I can carry a sign or identify ourselves by color of clothes.

I spoke to the Marriot Copenhagen concierge and she said that they don't prebook taxis at the piers because of identification problems due to crowds.

Can any previous cruisers suggest a place where we can easily be spotted ?

Is there just one taxi queue?

I know that it is impossible to get a taxi after a Football/soccer game at the national stadium but here were are talking about crowds at around 40.000.

I know that it cant be compared with a cruiseship but it is the only thing i got to compare it with.

A tip is to go a address near the pier and order a taxi to that address. i don´t know if that works but i always do that when i get home from a night out and i don´t whant to stay in line for a taxi.

Archived