Review of Royal Family Suite, Vision Class

I originally booked two balcony staterooms for our Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Copenhagen on Vision of the Seas.

When prices did drop I got the chance to convert the two balcony staterooms to a Royal Family Suite at no extra costs.

The Vision suite is 480 sq. ft. - two separate bedrooms with twin beds, two bathrooms (one with shower, one with bathtub) and a walk-in closet.

A nice sized living area with two chairs and double sofa bed, and then a 59 sq. ft. balcony. The Family Suite is ideal choice for four people, acceptable for six but can accommodate up to eight people.

Tour the

on Vision Of The Seas. (link to very short youtube video)

...or click on picture

The suites does vary in size for the different ships in the Vision Class:

480 sq. ft., balcony 59 sq. ft .on Vision and Rhapsody

486 sq. ft., balcony 58 sq. ft. on Grandeur and Enchantment

515 sq. ft., balcony 75 sq. ft. on Legend and Splendour

In addition you get the 'Enhanced Program for Suite Guests' including priority check-in, lounge access with complimentary drinks,

Hors d'oeuvres and petit fours, Priority tender tickets, Reserved prime seating in the main theatre, Continental breakfast served in a reserved area daily from 8am until 10am and more.

A minimum number of guests may apply for a reservation.

Vision Class of ships: Vision of the Seas; Grandeur of the Seas; Rhapsody of the Seas; Splendour of the Seas; Enchantment of the Seas; Legend of the Seas

Thanks. I was recently wondering about this particular room on Vision specifically. I couldn't find any decent pictures. This was a better view of the room than I ever would have expected to find. We don't have it booked but sometimes I fear an upgrade to a family suite. It has happened in the past. I was afraid this class would be too small of a family suite. It looked comfortable though with plenty of storage. The only thing I didn't see was the walk in closet. But I can see on the floor plan where it is and how large it is.

Nice job.

Gina

I was just re-reading what you posted. I think you're saying there is a Concierge Club onboard. Is that correct? It didn't look like there was from the deck plans.

No - there is no Concierge Club as such - I do not know if there is a Concierge by now.

For breakfast an area in the MDR is reserved to Suite guests - nothing for lunch - but from 5pm to 8:30 pm an area in the Viking Crown lounge is reserved for Suite guests as well as C&A.

Enjoy you stay

I was just re-reading what you posted. I think you're saying there is a Concierge Club onboard. Is that correct? It didn't look like there was from the deck plans.

There won't be a Concierge Lounge on Vision until after her Oct 2013 dry dock.

There won't be a Concierge Lounge on Vision until after her Oct 2013 dry dock.

Thank you for the update - Here are some more detailed information.

When no Concierge onboard the Vision of the Seas, the Suite Coordinator will be the point of contact for special requests or needs.

Suite guest, are offered the following additional amenities and services :

• Exclusive Nightly Event in the Viking Crown Lounge (picture below) , Deck 11 from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm for Diamond, Diamond Plus, Pinnacle Members and Suite Guests. There is served complimentary wine, champagne, liquor, beer and fountain soda drinks.
  • Luxury Bath Robes for use onboard, and upgraded bathroom amenities.
  • “Suite breakfast with specialty coffees” in an exclusive part of the Aquarius Dining Room deck 5.
  • In-Suite full Room Service experience (available when Dining Room is open)
  • Reservations for Excursions, Salon & Day Spa appointments, etc.
  • Arrangements for private parties (please provide 24 hours notice for this service).
  • One Special Suite Cocktail party or brunch during the cruise
  • Exclusive VIP seating areas for production shows.

viking crown.jpg

• 6 months later...

Loved this review.

Although now-she has been refurbished-has anyone stayed in this family suite recently? I saw a video of Enchantments upgrades and it looked as if the second bedroom now has a TV. Can anyone confirm this on Vision??

• 6 months later...
We have chance to get this suite on Caribbean sailing but worried about noise from pool deck above. Was this an issue?

We experienced no noise from the pool deck of our cruise - but probably less activity on the deck of a Norway cruise than a Caribbean cruise!

Nice cabin!

• 2 months later...

We just booked a Royal Family Suite on Vision of the Seas for February 2015! We're traveling with another couple and the question arose about balcony access. From the video (nicely done by the way) and searching CC, we cannot determine whether there is access to the balcony from the living room or only from the master bedroom.

We just booked a Royal Family Suite on Vision of the Seas for February 2015! We're traveling with another couple and the question arose about balcony access. From the video (nicely done by the way) and searching CC, we cannot determine whether there is access to the balcony from the living room or only from the master bedroom.

Access to balcony from both - not a problem.