Virtual Balcony

I haven't found any threads from passengers who have stayed in an interior cabin. We are booked in one for September next year and would love to know what you thought about the virtual balcony. I think you can turn them off, is there sound also? Did you like it?

We had an inside cabin and i thought that the Virtual Balcony was an excellent idea - it was really good when we were in port as you could see all the traffic and bodies scurrying around on the dock side. However when you were at sea obviously all you saw was rolling waves ( pretty the much the same as a regular balcony but without the spray and wind). As night fell the light quality had an obvious effect and you were effectively faced with a screen in standby mode. Overall a nice touch that made it feel like you were not staying in what is effectively a large cupboard. Hopefully there maybe a picture of it attached below

AAAI_wHIKa6_8wxWolNPUE3Da

We had an inside cabin and i thought that the Virtual Balcony was an excellent idea - it was really good when we were in port as you could see all the traffic and bodies scurrying around on the dock side. However when you were at sea obviously all you saw was rolling waves ( pretty the much the same as a regular balcony but without the spray and wind). As night fell the light quality had an obvious effect and you were effectively faced with a screen in standby mode. Overall a nice touch that made it feel like you were not staying in what is effectively a large cupboard. Hopefully there maybe a picture of it attached below

AAAI_wHIKa6_8wxWolNPUE3Da

Did you have a refrigerator in your cabin?

Thank you Chunkymonkey for the info and yes the photo worked. I think it is a great idea too as we can check the weather each morning without going up on deck!

Can you turn it off or is it a case of just closing the curtains? I have read that there is sound and you can control the volume or switch it off all together.

The screen comes with its own remote control where you can turn the sound up and down or turn the screen off altogether. The screens are fairly resilient as i caught #3 daughter, several times, running her car over the screen looking at all the trails it left behind with no lasting damage

Edited by chunkymunky74
spelling mistake

The screen comes with its own remote control where you can turn the sound up and down or turn the screen off altogether. The screens are fairly resilient as i caught #3 daughter, several times, running her car over the screen looking at all the trails it left behind with no lasting damage

I got to ask, what if did cause "lasting damage"?

I didn't think it generated any. DD slept right next to it on the sofa bed and never complained. However, the sound on ours didn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info and the pics.

So jmrothermel you had a sofa bed in yours but newcruiser08820 had a chair in the cabin? What category and or cabin numbers did each if you have?

Thanks.

So jmrothermel you had a sofa bed in yours but newcruiser08820 had a chair in the cabin? What category and or cabin numbers did each if you have?

Thanks.

We had 11269. Ours was marked as a quad. The sofabed when pulled out obstructed the "balcony" view. Overall I liked the cabin though. It was neat being able to see whah time of the morning it was on the screen.

Thanks.

we were in 10233. It's just a double. Quad has a sofa.

We had 11269. Ours was marked as a quad. The sofabed when pulled out obstructed the "balcony" view. Overall I liked the cabin though. It was neat being able to see whah time of the morning it was on the screen.

Oh ok thanks newcruiser08820 and jmrothermel. That is too bad about the obstruction from the sofabed. Hopefully it is only needed at night when not much to see any way.

This cabin type might help me not feel so claustrophobic and out of the mix in an interior cabin. I especially like that you can actually see what's going on outside if you are docked pier side.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Oh ok thanks newcruiser08820 and jmrothermel. That is too bad about the obstruction from the sofabed. Hopefully it is only needed at night when not much to see any way.

This cabin type might help me not feel so claustrophobic and out of the mix in an interior cabin. I especially like that you can actually see what's going on outside if you are docked pier side.

The sampler that I booked it was only $10 more for an obstructed balcony - however I wanted to experience the virtual balcony. I thought it was really neat having that view - it does make you feel less claustrophobic in the room. However, that was on a three day freezing cold cruise. I'm not sure how I would feel about missing the warm weather on the balcony.