Any lines offer 1st evening kids club?

ksblack0

We are a family of 4 that loves to cruise. We have been on most lines, but have never sailed when the kids club was open on day 1 of the cruise. We don't tend to use the after 10pm services as they cost extra and our kids (ages 3 and 4) are in bed by then anyway. Thanks!

I've sailed Princess, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean in recent years and they were all open in the evening for some activities. They usually open by 7PM or 8PM on the day of embarkation.

Don't know about the other two, but Royal does NOT have "drop off" service the first night. They do have sign up and "orientation" the first night, though, and it's a good time for kids to meet others, but they cannot be left there.

I've sailed Princess, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean in recent years and they were all open in the evening for some activities. They usually open by 7PM or 8PM on the day of embarkation.

So does Carnival.

Don't know about the other two, but Royal does NOT have "drop off" service the first night. They do have sign up and "orientation" the first night, though, and it's a good time for kids to meet others, but they cannot be left there.

We were in the LIBERTY of the Seas last week and they DID have drop off the first night. They opened at 8. It was only a 5 night cruise so that may be the difference, but it was open the first night

All cruise lines that I've sailed on (see siggy below) offer first night kid's club including Royal.

The afternoon on sail-away day is orientation - where you can sign up your kids. The kid's club is always open for business on night 1 - after dinner.

If the kid's club held an orientation on night 1 -it's an anomaly and not the norm.

Celebrity does drop-off on the first night. IIRC, it opens at 8p and runs til 10p, then it's "late night slumber party" (aka group babysitting aka sit down, be quiet, and watch this movie) from 10p until 1a (additional fee applies).

Like all others, it's open from embarkation until 6p or 7p for signups, though you can sign up your kids any time, I would assume.