FEBRUARY 14 2015 SAILING = Group? Partial Charter?

LBLB

Can anyone give me info about a group or partial charter that may be taking 30 cabins on the SeaDream II ? SD is not releasing info, but inquiring minds want to know.

What date? In our past experience with SD, if I ask and they won't tell, I cancel. :eek: I have had no problem getting information. However, once past the final pay date, it will cost you to cancel (as I am sure you know). SeaDream who used to be the best for deposit/refunds before sailing is now the most onerous in the industry.

Jimbo, just move a little further west. Hard to believe a seafarer like you would settle in the desert.

Sorry about the thread hijack :o

Aahh, a Sea Story of the First Order. Ragnar and I need to end up in the same spot on the planet at the same time some day. Bring along someone to take notes as I am sure we might forget some things.:eek::D

Sorry, I don't know the answer, but it is possible to see which cabins (or even how many cabin) are taken for a particular sector? Even the Seadream booking website doesn't seem to give any indication of available cabins to choose from, etc so I wondered if there was a trick to getting this (aside from ringing up perhaps).

Cheers,

Gary.

Sorry, a bright guy would have remembered he read the date in the title of your post. I fall back on that old excuse----It's HOT out here!!!:eek::D:D

No it is a "pickle" I know 30 cabins are going to "something". The problem is the airfare. Yest they will let me cancel or change, but the air change will cost $1000 and they are refusing to help with air change. Any input from anyone? That's why I was trying to find out the group. i can move out 2 weeks if they would work with the airfare.

Yes I rang them up and they wont provide any more info.

Edited by LBLB

No it is a "pickle" I know 30 cabins are going to "something". The problem is the airfare. Yest they will let me cancel or change, but the air change will cost $1000 and they are refusing to help with air change. Any input from anyone? That's why I was trying to find out the group. i can move out 2 weeks if they would work with the airfare.

Yes I rang them up and they wont provide any more info.

Unless someone else chimes in otherwise, I have never heard of SD reimbursing passengers for airfare (or fees applied for changing airline reservations).

So, I think you'll either just have to deal with the group on board or pay the (high!:eek:) change fee yourself.

Edited by CDreamer

Look on the bright side. The other 25 cabins' occupants will bond more closely because they will all have an "us against them" attitude towards the 30-cabin group ;) Just think of the fodder the large group will provide for snide comments, etc....

We ran into a similar situation on our Galapagos cruise, 2/3 of the pax were from the Long Island Retired Peace Officers Association! Turned out not to be an issue at all. We met some nice folks both from the group and not from the group.

One night Mrs D was tired so went to bed early and I stayed in the lounge. I moved to the bar and soon was surrounded by the peace officers. We had a blast teaching the bar tenders new drinks, and the retired officers had some incredible stories to tell. I have no idea what time I passed out on the floor of our cabin :eek:

PS- Do inquire about the number of non-adults. If more than a very few, take the $1,000 hit and change dates.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

Our SD experience is that if that many have taken cabins as a group, the odds are such it is much more likely to impact your cruise negatively in a major way than positively. Better safe than sorry. If it were us, I would cancel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What do you mean.......Perhaps a denial of service attack is warranted???

No, it was tongue in cheek - envisioning a resurgence of the old Kid's thread.

Have also seen some new promotions aimed at golfers (as you mentioned) and some wine themed cruises as well. Think it is more of a SD blast in advertising to appeal to different interests in an effort to keep their cabins filled.

That website isn't associated with SD in any way, shape or form. It's like one a few years ago that was offering military "discounts". SD can't do much (I don't think) about how companies market their cruises. You'll also note that they just list every cruise line as "family cruises." But might not be a bad idea to bring it to SD's attention. Notwithstanding the previous uproars over kids, SD does say in their T&Cs that there are restrictions.

LBLB -- "denial of service" is a computer hacking term, which shuts down a website -- at least that's what I think it is!

Vandrefalk

What do you mean.......Perhaps a denial of service attack is warranted???

Just to be clear, although this 'denial of service attack' statement was originally quoted back to me (above) it actually came from fellow CCer Ragner, not me. :D

Edited by CDreamer

Whoa! Didn't mean to cause such a stir, just wanted to tweak Jim's fear of kiddies on SD ;)

<geek_mode = on>

The "denial of service" was tongue-cheek. It refers to where hackers set up multiple computers to access a website, such as the family one, over and over continuously, which clogs up the website, making in inaccessible by legitimate (???) users.

<geek_mode = off>

PS - sorry CC moderators, it just dawned on ol' Ragnar that link was to a travel agency, which is verboten on CC. Believe me, I was NOT promoting it :eek:

PPS - karma balances, just learned my niece will be coming to visit for a week and will be bringing her 9 month old...

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

Be sure to invite Jim over.... I'm sure he'd appreciate a break from the heat!! ;)

Actually, I was about to invite Ragnar over. He can hang out here with us till the kiddie storm blows over. Mrs. Ragnar might be a bit miffed but the Tequila will solve all.:eek::D:D

• 1 month later...

We are going on that cruise!... Feb 14. When our agent booked all was fine! A week later seadream called our agent to let us know that there was a large booking made. After more inquiries they said it looks like it was agents that booked up rooms but did not nessicarily mean all the rooms were for one group.

Could be for multiple bookings. But agents just saving rooms?! We choose not to cancel and take our chances...on the other hande! Would still like to know if there are children?...does this help ?