Gaidos in Galveston

piemaker

I thought Pelican Club was members only. But yes Gaidos is still great - go hungry.

If you are member of your local club?

Call and speak with them,

Maybe they will allow you in?

Yes Gaido's will always have a wait on a Friday or Saturday - no reservations unless it is a very large party. The portions are huge. Usually we try to skip lunch and go late afternoon before the dinner rush. Only you can decide if the price and the wait is worth it.

It better be great. I was there on a Saturday evening and the wait for a table was almost 2 hours .. and prices for seafood started like $37 and up. (why go and not order seafood)

There are several choices that are under $37 p/p. Here's a link to the menu for anybody thinking about eating there. It's one of my favs!

http://www.gaidos.com/menus/gaidos_menu.htm

CGB - I will ONLY forgive you if you promise to post Mariner info when you get back. Since we leave for Galveston on the 25th, I will be chomping at the bit. :)

No problem! That's an easy request! I'm so looking forward to the cruise...DH is still a little apprehensive about 9 days, but I have NO problem with that time. My DD has sailed on Mariner out of Port Canaveral...she said it was great!

CGB - we sailed Mariner out of LA in November 2009. The ship is lovely and the crew was excellent. The negatives we had were the lack of good night time entertainment and that the ship seemed empty every night when we got out of dinner. When the Schooner Bar is EMPTY at 10:30 pm you know there's a problem. But I think that was a problem unique to the California itinerary and one of the reasons the ship was moved - no people equals no revenue.

Our first cruise was 9 days - really nice. I think it's a perfect length. I wish we could do it again. I always wake up on the last day of a 7 day cruise wishing for just "one more day."

Sorry - off topic. Back to Gaidos - their red snapper is amazing. I like the one with the crabmeat piled on it! :)

CGB - we sailed Mariner out of LA in November 2009. The ship is lovely and the crew was excellent. The negatives we had were the lack of good night time entertainment and that the ship seemed empty every night when we got out of dinner. When the Schooner Bar is EMPTY at 10:30 pm you know there's a problem. But I think that was a problem unique to the California itinerary and one of the reasons the ship was moved - no people equals no revenue.

Our first cruise was 9 days - really nice. I think it's a perfect length. I wish we could do it again. I always wake up on the last day of a 7 day cruise wishing for just "one more day."

Sorry - off topic. Back to Gaidos - their red snapper is amazing. I like the one with the crabmeat piled on it! :)

They make a great deal of $$$ off of liquor sales...empty bars = no $$$. I have a feeling that won't happen here in Texas!

I know the fish you are talking about...it is GOOOOD!

Archived