Boston

Schoifmom

Are there tour operators at the pier in Boston, much like the Caribbean ports? I have arranged excursions for the rest of our stops, but have waited on Boston, as we really just want a hop-on-hop-off tour and Carnival's seems to get spotty reviews and seems a little expensive. I was actually hoping to see like a Greyline or something at the pier.

Are there tour operators at the pier in Boston, much like the Caribbean ports? I have arranged excursions for the rest of our stops, but have waited on Boston, as we really just want a hop-on-hop-off tour and Carnival's seems to get spotty reviews and seems a little expensive. I was actually hoping to see like a Greyline or something at the pier.

No, there will not be tour operators at the terminal. If you are looking for a HOHO, there are two or three HOHO bus/trolley companies in Boston. Just google them for schedules, pick up locations, etc. Nearly all of them will be about a $20-25 cab ride from the Black Falcon terminal. One of the great things about Boston is that you can just about walk from one side of the city to the other. We've never used the HOHO trolleys, but have walked the Freedom Trail all the way from the Common to Charlestown, and also from our son's house in the South End to the Boston Garden at North Station.

Look at Old Town Trolley. They have a pickup stop close to the cruise terminal which will take you to Faneuil Hall to pick up the main trolley loop. No need for a cab to the trolley stop. The online price us $36.86.

• 3 weeks later...
Look at Old Town Trolley. They have a pickup stop close to the cruise terminal which will take you to Faneuil Hall to pick up the main trolley loop. No need for a cab to the trolley stop. The online price us $36.86.

Thanks. This is actually who Carnival contracts with for their tours.

If you book the trolley through the cruiseline, be sure you understand what you are buying. Many of the cruise line offerings are the trolley tour for 1 1/2+ hours with no hop on hop off privileges. If you want to hop on hop off, you may have to book it directly with the trolley company.

No offense but I just don't see any advantage for booking a Boston Trolley tour through a third party unless mobility is an issue and you must be picked up directly in front of the terminal or you just want to buy the trolley ride itself without the hop on hop off privileges.

If you book the trolley through the cruiseline, be sure you understand what you are buying. Many of the cruise line offerings are the trolley tour for 1 1/2+ hours with no hop on hop off privileges. If you want to hop on hop off, you may have to book it directly with the trolley company.

The same company mentioned above offers both a hop-on-hop-off and a 1.5 hour tour through Carnival. I am at least able to read. Again, spotty reviews, so I was hoping for something else. No love, though.

No offense but I just don't see any advantage for booking a Boston Trolley tour through a third party unless mobility is an issue and you must be picked up directly in front of the terminal or you just want to buy the trolley ride itself without the hop on hop off privileges.

We WANT the hop-on-hop-off and mobility is an issue. I don't want to wear DH out just getting to the trolley, so that he is unable to actually enjoy anything and is unable to get off the tour at any of the stops.

I guess that we will be stuck with what Carnival has to offer.

If DH has mobility issues, please research the trolley stops in relation to what you expect to see. Old Boston is a maze of narrow one way streets and not all stops are located in front of the attraction. For example the Paul Revere House in the North End is about 5 blocks from one of the trolley stops and the Old North Church about 7-8 blocks away.