one-way bus ride BACK FROM Mendenhall Glacier

CanuckonaBoat

• 11 months later...

Does anyone have any recent experience with this, please? It is possible to just buy a one-way fare back from the glacier to the cruise port area on either the blue or white shuttle buses? (We booked a drop-off at the glacier from Adventures in Alaska after our whale-watching tour.) Or should we plan on needing to call for a taxi?

Many thanks for your help,

So, I did as mapleleaves suggested and received a very speedy response in return to my note from M&M tours (the operator of the "Blue Bus"):

M&M Tours of Juneau replied to your message:

Good morning Lori,A one-way ticket would have to be purchased through me at 907-500-5186. Our website can't tell that it's one way. The rate for a one-way ticket is $15.75 which includes tax. Thanks,Tammy

Still debating if it would be better (more time-efficient and cheaper) to take a taxi as there will be two of us. There will be five ships (more than 10,000 pax) in Juneau that day, however, so may do the one-way just to ensure we have it in hand.

Many thanks,

So, I did as mapleleaves suggested and received a very speedy response in return to my note from M&M tours (the operator of the "Blue Bus"):

M&M Tours of Juneau replied to your message:

Good morning Lori,A one-way ticket would have to be purchased through me at 907-500-5186. Our website can't tell that it's one way. The rate for a one-way ticket is $15.75 which includes tax. Thanks,Tammy

Still debating if it would be better (more time-efficient and cheaper) to take a taxi as there will be two of us. There will be five ships (more than 10,000 pax) in Juneau that day, however, so may do the one-way just to ensure we have it in hand.

Many thanks,

Good to know but it doesn't answer if it can be purchased on the spot. Maybe someone else will know.

As far as time efficient - it all depends on if there is a bus when you want to leave and/or if you need to wait for a taxi. The bus doesn't make stops until town so it is a direct route.

To complete the information on this, the second shuttle provider--Juneau Tours aka the "white bus"--responded to my query later in the day. They do have an option to purchase on the spot by paying the driver $20. A little more expensive than the "blue bus," but you do not have to plan ahead to buy a ticket.

It still would be helpful to others if anyone has any actual, recent experience with purchasing a one-way way. Please post if you have.

Many thanks,