BOGOH - Buy one get one half price - How often do these sales occur?

twilsoncrow

Hi there We are just starting to look at the 18 Night Voyage of Discovery from Athens to Dubai on October 13th 2018. This is a very unusual and amazing itinerary.

In our researching we have seen the current offer of BOGOH - any experienced cruisers out there know if they have these sales very often? We are prepared to wait for the next sale so we could hopefully save some money so we could maybe get a balcony.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Teresa

From the UK Azamara web site

BOOK SELECT VOYAGES BETWEEN 12 DECEMBER 2016 AND

31 MARCH 2017 TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AMAZING OFFER!

I wouldn't think this offer will be repeated any time soon, as it has been on for almost 4 months ( in the U.K.)

Hi there We are just starting to look at the 18 Night Voyage of Discovery from Athens to Dubai on October 13th 2018. This is a very unusual and amazing itinerary.

In our researching we have seen the current offer of BOGOH - any experienced cruisers out there know if they have these sales very often? We are prepared to wait for the next sale so we could hopefully save some money so we could maybe get a balcony.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Teresa

Thus far on Azamara there have been mainly two types of promotions running through the year. The BOGOHO which at the moment also offers free unlimited internet for the first time and double upgrade (get a balcony for the price of an inside). For a short time on selected cruises there was also a free upgrade from a balcony to a suite. Here's a link to current offers, the page for which you might like to save. Going forward I think they will still run these promotions:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/plan/luxury-cruise-deals

BOGOHO will undoubtedly be repeated in the future but it is unlikely the future promotion will include the same voyages on offer as now.

Two other considerations to factor into whether to wait are: categories sometimes sell out, and prices typically increase across the board as the voyage approaches.

[but that said, I've not seen Athens-Dubai sell out completely.]

Are you an LCV member (past cruiser) with Azamara? If so I'd suggest buying now with the BOGOHO+ and applying for the LCV upgrade.

Here's the webpage with more information on the upgrade: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

Hi Jackie Thanks for that - its been going on for the same period here in Australia - just doesnt cover the time period of the cruise we are thinking of.

We are new to the cruising world and dont know whether to book early or wait and see if there are any sales, mind you the cruise isnt until October 2018!

Hi Bonnie

Thank you for your reply and information. We are relatively new to the cruising world and have yet to sale on Azamara but will be on the cruise from Venice to Athens (whole ship is being chartered) that joins the cruise we are looking at doing (Athens to Dubai) in Oct 2018.

I like the look of the LCV member upgrade option, do you know if we would be classified as LCVs even if we went on the Azamara via the charter I mentioned?

We dont know whether to wait for potentially another sale or to book early? It is so far away.

Thanks Teresa

BOGOHO will undoubtedly be repeated in the future but it is unlikely the future promotion will include the same voyages on offer as now.

Two other considerations to factor into whether to wait are: categories sometimes sell out, and prices typically increase across the board as the voyage approaches.

[but that said, I've not seen Athens-Dubai sell out completely.]

Are you an LCV member (past cruiser) with Azamara? If so I'd suggest buying now with the BOGOHO+ and applying for the LCV upgrade.

Here's the webpage with more information on the upgrade: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

Hi Allison

Thanks for your reply - it gives me hope that the sale will occur, just hope that the cruise we are looking at will be in the sale.

Last year, the BOGO 50% off promotion was going on in July as we used it to book our next cruise. We also noticed that the Double Upgrade promotion was offered last fall.

Agree with Bonnie re pricing possibly going up.......but not necessarily nearer time of cruise; whilst on Quest in November, we priced a veranda cabin for Australia to Asia voyage in March 2018 and it has already increased by over £1,000 pp in 3 months which makes a bit of a mockery of BOGOH offer on this cruise.

"I like the look of the LCV member upgrade option, do you know if we would be classified as LCVs even if we went on the Azamara via the charter I mentioned?"

Hi twilsoncrow,

Unfortunately, no, your charter days will not count as LCV membership or points :(