Ideas for an afternoon in Aruba with my 88 year old mother

the admiral12

West Deck is open for lunch. They have a ramp if you need it. The views there are gorgeous, and the food is very good. You could take a taxi. It is very close to port.

Have you done a tour of the other side of the island? If not, it is well worth the trip. You could do a private tour with Bully, Hubert, Ivan, or Cerry. If you are interested, I can see if I can dig up their emails. I have Bully's.

There is an archeological museum downtown on one of the back streets. It is probably too far for your mom to walk, but you could take a taxi. Also, Fort Zoutman is in that area.

Thanks for help, is there much to see on the other side of the island? Is it a road or a 4 wheel drive area? The email to your guide would be appreciated.

The other side of the island is desert, with crashing waves along the coastline. There are rock formations, caves, an old gold mill ruin, natural bridges, lots of interesting cacti, etc. We love it over there. The tours also take you to the lighthouse and through the resort areas. The areas that these tours go to do not require a 4 wheel drive, but other areas do. They can also customize a tour for you.

We always us Bully. He books up very quickly. His email is bullytaxi79@hotmail.com

Some others that are very good:

Hubert - huberttaxi83@hotmail.com

Ivan - ijgordijk@setar.aw

Cerry - pitaruba.com

FYI: I've contacted Bully for our stop on 4/6 in Aruba but due to medical reason, he is not available in April and May 2017, he's scheduled for a surgery early April.

FYI: I've contacted Bully for our stop on 4/6 in Aruba but due to medical reason, he is not available in April and May 2017, he's scheduled for a surgery early April.

Yes, Bully is out for surgery and recovery during April and May. I suggest contacting Hubert, Ivan, or Cerry during these months. I listed their contact information earlier in this post. They all do a great job.