New Orleans Cruise Terminal Parking Garage

netsurfer

Sailing out of New Orleans on the Dream soon. We plan to park at the cruise terminal's parking garage. When we first arrive, can we go directly to the parking garage or do we have first go to another area of the terminal for a porter take our luggage and then drive to the entrance to the parking garage? I was wondering if there would be a porter in the parking garage to take our luggage as this would save some time. Thanks in advance.

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

While we have not sailed out of New Orleans, we have driven to the port, parked and slept over on the Sunshine for her naming ceremony. At that time, we parked and took the elevator down and into the terminal. I am sure someone who sails from there can confirm.

Edited by jimbo5544

We've sailed out of NOLA a couple times and there's always been a porter inside the garage to help unload luggage. We're heading there again in December for the Dream Christmas cruise. Happy sailing!

You will drive into the garage driveway , scan your credit card while on the ramp and proceed into the garage. If you are checking luggage, stay in the right lane and porters will be there to take your luggage, just as they would at curbside elsewhere.

If you have only carry ons stay in the left lane and head on up the ramp. Very convenient and you never need to go outside.

Check the Fulton Street Garage. At $8 it's much cheaper and just as easy. I have parked in both and for $12 a day savings Fulton wins every time.

I second the Fulton Garage. Have only parked at the terminal once and used Fulton the other 8 or 9 times. Cheaper and the shuttles are fast and they have always been waiting when the ship gets back to NOLA. They always give us a phone number to call but we have never had to.