Portland Maine Bakery

rcmal88

Hi All,

I will be there at the end of August and was wondering if anyone knows of a bakery or a place to get a cake close by the dock? It will be my wife's B day and would like to surprise her with a cake. I know they offer it on the ship, but would like something a little different. Or an Ice Cream one.

Thanks in Advance.

• 2 weeks later...
There are a couple near the pier.

Standard Bakery (207) 773-2112

Two Fat Cats Bakery 207-347-5144

There is also a cupcake place in walking distance. - East End Cupcakes 207-228-3304

Standard Bakery is wonderful and right across from the dock. Just be prepared to eat what you buy before reboarding. I had a treat I bought for my friend confiscated by RCCL at boarding.

• 2 weeks later...

Two Fat Cats....real buttercream. Best cakes ever. Call a day or two ahead to order. You can easily walk up India Street from either dock in Portland.

On Fore St. is East End Cupcakes.....unbelieveble! Also, an easy walk.

Standard Bakery is right next to the Hilton Garden on Commerical Street. Across from Dock.

Great breads and cookies. They don't make cakes.

• 3 weeks later...
Standard Bakery is wonderful and right across from the dock. Just be prepared to eat what you buy before reboarding. I had a treat I bought for my friend confiscated by RCCL at boarding.

We always shop for good bakery items in ports.. have done so anywhere we can fine quality bakeries, especially in Europe. We always pack a good shopping bag, have never had any bakery items taken away from us... cruise Princess, HAL, Cunard, Celebrity usually. Only NCL... do they tell you not to bring items back to the ship but if you come prepared with bags, even on NCL you can bring an item back to enjoy on board.

Go prepared and you should have no problem.