Anyone flown Tap Portugal? How was your expericence?

cigarboo

Hello. We just booked ncl Epic out of Barcelona for this summer. We would normally fly out of Orlando, but decided to check Miami and see that Tap Portugal is approx $250 cheaper per ticket. Multiply that x4 and it's a cool 1k savings.

I'm unfamiliar with this airline. Has anyone ever had any experience?

My 3 sons and I flew TAP Miami to Barcelona in 2013. They had the best price BY FAR and it stayed that way from six months out up until flight time. No US airlines got anywhere close (we paid $801/pp on TAP). TAP was, at a minimum $250-$400 less per ticket.

They were on time and our luggage arrived without issue even with multiple transfers. It seemed like they were feeding us constantly and the food was actually good.

The leg room left something to be desired, but I am pretty sure most carriers have downsized leg room so they are not unique. I would not recommend the 4 center seats but rather the 2 seat area on either side of the plane.

The flight we originally booked in November for our May trip was rescheduled and did not correspond to our plans. Their customer service department did an excellent job of getting us on an alternative flight that got us into Barcelona within 3 hours of our original planned arrival.

I would have no hesitation using TAP again and actually plan to for our May 2016 trip.

Thanks for the advice baseballmom! Glad the customer service was good on Tap. The flight changes is what scares me, as I can only fly into barcelona the day before the cruise(I'm a baseball mom too(sort of) and ds is going to baseball camp til day before we fly out). Not a lot of wiggle room for changes.

Thanks for the advice baseballmom! Glad the customer service was good on Tap. The flight changes is what scares me, as I can only fly into barcelona the day before the cruise(I'm a baseball mom too(sort of) and ds is going to baseball camp til day before we fly out). Not a lot of wiggle room for changes.

I booked a May flight in November so that is why there was a change. And it wasn't a major change. And to be fair, changing a flight that isn't selling well is not exclusive to foreign airlines, they all do it.

To be honest, the only connection in our trip that did NOT leave on time or arrive on time was the US Air portion of the flight! :rolleyes:

Hello. We just booked ncl Epic out of Barcelona for this summer. We would normally fly out of Orlando, but decided to check Miami and see that Tap Portugal is approx $250 cheaper per ticket. Multiply that x4 and it's a cool 1k savings.

I'm unfamiliar with this airline. Has anyone ever had any experience?

I just came back from a Lisbon/Barcelona trip. I used United but used TAP for a less than two hour trip from Lisbon to Barcelona - they were fine - no problems.

Edited by ConnieInNewJersey

• 3 weeks later...

The only problem with TAP is being caught in a pilots strike. They are now in a conflictive momento, as the goverment plans to privatice the airline.

OP here...we ended up buying tickets from Delta. The flight times just worked out better this time. If I were flying in a few days prior to the cruise I would have been more comfortable using Tap. However, with just 1 day as cushion, I felt more comfortable with an airline that could reroute me easier in case something happens...such as a pilot strike. That never even crossed my mind!

• 2 weeks later...