How is booking through hotels.com??

siestakeys04

I have used it for booking hotels(not for pre-cruise/post-cruise) , but for land trips. It worked fine! I believe you print out a confirmation page after you book and that's pretty much it.

I am looking and some of the prices on hotels.com for pre and post cruise hotels. I have never booked through them so I was wondering how it was?:confused:

I have found you can do better booking directly with hotel & not have to prepay, good cancelation policy.

I got burned once and do not use them anymore because of their cancellation policy. We booked a two night stay and later changed it to one night only. The hotel policy would have allowed the cancellation without penalty if we had booked with them directly. Hotel.com would not allow it and charged us for the unused 2d night.

I've used them for many years and have earned several free hotel stays because of this.

It wasn't until last month when I had to leave a hotel 1 night early that I even realized their cancellation policy. Yikes! Not good at all. Not sure how much more I will use them after that fiasco.

I used them back in Feb. for our upcoming Sept. cruise. Just last week, I canceled and rebooked a better hotel. The only difference I had to pay was the difference in rate. No problems with canceling, though.:)

Archived