Swimmable beach in Cabo?

MaiTaiMary

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Chileno Beach. It is a somewhat protected cove, that is good for swimming and snorkeling. There are outdoor showers and restrooms there, but not much else in the way of amenities. It is one of the safer places to swim in Los Cabos.

It's about a 10-15 minute taxi drive from Cabo.

bahia_el_chileno_001.jpg

• 2 months later...
Check out Chileno Beach. It is a somewhat protected cove, that is good for swimming and snorkeling. There are outdoor showers and restrooms there, but not much else in the way of amenities. It is one of the safer places to swim in Los Cabos.

It's about a 10-15 minute taxi drive from Cabo.

bahia_el_chileno_001.jpg

Is there snorkeling equipment available here to rent?

I was looking at the excursions to Chileno Bay with the cruise ship, but they have a minimum age of 8 years old. My son will be 7 1/2. I'm not all that sure that my kids will like snorkeling, so I'm thinking maybe we should just find our way over here ourselves and just plan on "testing it out" for a bit, rather than commit to a long and expensive shore excursion.

The swimmable beach is called Medano and as a previous poster noted, it's not too far from the tender pier with water taxis available. We've been to Chileno with a snorkeling/catamaran excursion. It is nice, but not very close to the port. I'm not sure if they rent snorkel gear there so if you want to try it, you'd have to bring your own or go on an excursion. If you don't want to do a ship excursion there are a lot of vendors selling tours as you get off the tenders.

The swimmable beach is called Medano and as a previous poster noted, it's not too far from the tender pier with water taxis available. We've been to Chileno with a snorkeling/catamaran excursion. It is nice, but not very close to the port. I'm not sure if they rent snorkel gear there so if you want to try it, you'd have to bring your own or go on an excursion. If you don't want to do a ship excursion there are a lot of vendors selling tours as you get off the tenders.

How far do you have to walk to get other tours and are they just cars. We will have a 4,5,and 6 yr old with us. What type of tours? Anything for kids?