Ensenada Mex.

heynow

If you have never been to Ensenada, get off and take the shuttle to town. It's not that much, around $5 per person round trip. Lot's of shopping, restaurants, sidewalk bars and great people watching.

Carnival also offers a wine tour that is not bad. Stops at two winery's, one you get samples of Pizza, bread and cheese and wine tasting. At this stop there is a vendor set up inside that has 100's of Jam's and Hot Sauce you can sample.

The other winery you get a full tour of modern wine processing and a wine tasting. This one gives you enough wine you could get a buzz if you wanted to. You also get a free bottle of wine.

You can also take a tour out to the Blow Hole. A natural formation that the waves force water to shoot 50 - 60 feet into the air. There is a large flea market there, but be warned, pushy vendors.

We have been to Ensenada many times and still get off the ship. Always find something to do.

Edited by welldone60

Dont know the name, but we did drive by a pretty extensive stretch of beach as we drove away from downtown Ensenada on our way to La Bufadora.

mexi53206.jpeg

We took a La Bufadora and City Drive tour booked through the ship and found it to be very enjoyable. I don't think that we would do it again, but for someone who has never visited Ensenada it was well worth it.

You can read a more detailed review along with photos in my Golden Princess review, link below.

Edited by Tapi

I've done the Ensenada itinerary so many times, I have to look at my signature to get an exact count...LOL!

Twice, though, I've gone to Las Canadas to zipline. It's not a Carnival-sponsored excursion, but when you take the bus to town, the bus-host does talk about a combo tour they offer that includes ziplining and the blowhole for around $50 bucks. I've done that tour once and another time a group of friends and I just negotiated a taxi for a great deal and went from there.

Highly recommend! www.lascanadas.com

I get nothing for endorsing this...LOL! It's just all kinds of fun! :)

• 7 months later...
I've done the Ensenada itinerary so many times, I have to look at my signature to get an exact count...LOL!

Twice, though, I've gone to Las Canadas to zipline. It's not a Carnival-sponsored excursion, but when you take the bus to town, the bus-host does talk about a combo tour they offer that includes ziplining and the blowhole for around $50 bucks. I've done that tour once and another time a group of friends and I just negotiated a taxi for a great deal and went from there.

Thinking of doing Las Canadas this month. Did you pre-book and what was the cost? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is the easiest way to get from the port to the zipline?

• 2 weeks later...

Down by the local market and docks, there are a number of vendors who sell fish tacos...made while you are watching...they were great....Fisherman's was straight from the fishing boats. Also drug stores by the 100's, so if you need any drugs...(legal ones). Stop in and see what they are selling for...

We'll be cruising to Catalina & Ensenada in mid January. Does anyone have experience with what the weather will be like? I am really looking forward to our surf lessons and don't want to get rained out! Thanks :cool:

I see you are from Southern California - the weather in Ensenada and Catalina will be the same as here: a bit on the cool side, and possibly lots of rain from the El Nino. They are predicting the El Nino will hit between January and February.

• 2 months later...
We'll be cruising to Catalina & Ensenada in mid January. Does anyone have experience with what the weather will be like? I am really looking forward to our surf lessons and don't want to get rained out! Thanks :cool:

How was your surf trip? We are thinking about booking one thru Surf Ensenada in April.