Fly into FLL Cruise MIA. Hotel sense

So we are doing a cruise and fly into FLL Jan 13. Trying to make sense if we should stay in hotel in FLL and get either a shuttle or car rental to MIA the following day or get the car rental at the airport, shuttle, or Uber and stay in MIA. I do have a car rental reserved. Please share the pros and cons of either idea.

Requirements for hotel, clean and quiet. I really don't want to spend more than $200 per night :eek:

Breakfast is a plus as well as coffee. This past

Christmas we stayed at Bahia Mar. Good hotel with great view of incoming/outgoing cruise ships. Walking distance to beach and food.

DH didn't care for it because it didn't have an area away from room with coffee available. (He normally gets up around 3 AM and doesn't want to sit in the room drinking his coffee and keeping me up). We moved to the Residence Inn (Dania Beach) that was great for this, but without a car the location sucked.

Hope you have some positive things to say. BTW, while I wait for replies, I will check out the threads for other ideas as well.

Thanks!

This January 2018 cruise out of FLL, I am staying at the Best Western Plus Oceanside, near the Bahia Mar, free hot breakfast, I think paid parking(?), lobby with chairs for husband to drink coffee.

Next January 2019, my cruise is out Miami so thinking like you, do I stay in FLL and shuttle to MIA or stay in MIA?

General suggestion is to stay in FLL area, where hotels are generally cheaper than comparable properties in Miami. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.

Shared shuttles from the FLL area to the Port of Miami (POM) are widely available for about $15 per person, or you can Uber for about $40

If you are renting a car and drop it at the MIA airport, National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer a free shuttle to POM