Who sells Atlantis Water Park day passes?

edwardsm

Since the Comfort Suites no longer offer day passes to the Atlantis Water Park, what other hotel sells day passes to cruisers?

None, they are only available for guests of Atlantis towers, Harbourside and One and only (all Atlantis hotels. And of course, comfort suites still offers day passes for paid guests.

Cruisers can get them thru the cruselines, and for the time being buy them at Atlantis showing your cruise ID.

Non- cruisers can no longer purchase passes.

Edited by scubagirrl

Since the Comfort Suites no longer offer day passes to the Atlantis Water Park, what other hotel sells day passes to cruisers?

The Comfort Suites has never sold "day passes" to Atlantis. You get access to Atlantis when you book a room there; it's part of the guest amenities. You actually get access all day on your check-in day and your check-out day. It can be cheaper to book a room at the Comfort Suites than to get a day pass, depending on the size of your party and the mix of teenagers, adults, and children.

Similarly, as scubagirrl has pointed out, you get access to Atlantis when staying at Atlantis or the Harborside resort. I believe One & Only guests don't get automatic access to Atlantis; I think it's an extra-cost add-on.

The only places to get actual day passes that I know of are:

• Through your cruise line.
  • Direct from Atlantis, at the booth near the entrance to the Coral Towers, if they are not sold out for the day and if you are on a cruise and have your cruise ID.
  • From BahamasDayPass.com. The prices are the same as buying in person from the Atlantis, and you still need to show a cruise ID to prove you're on a cruise, but you are able to buy them in advance. Also, if they're sold out on BahamasDayPass.com for your day, that's a pretty good indication they'll be sold out at Atlantis that day as well, or that it's going to be so crowded that you wouldn't want to go anyway.

Thank you all for your responses.

If we rent a room at Comfort Suites hours before the official check in time, usually 3pm, will we still be allowed to enter Atlantis?

Does the beach behind Atlantis have watersports rentals?

Thank you all for your responses.

If we rent a room at Comfort Suites hours before the official check in time, usually 3pm, will we still be allowed to enter Atlantis?

Does the beach behind Atlantis have watersports rentals?

Yes, as I just posted, you get access all day on both your check-in and check-out day. You can arrive as early as you want (if you're super early, Aquaventure won't be open yet but they can still give you your paperwork); they'll get you your paperwork (basically a resort ID) and tell you to check back around 3 to see if your room is ready. With the paperwork you can go to the Atlantis service desk in the lower level of the Royal Tower lobby and get a wristband. With the wristband, you can go anywhere within the main public areas (not including the dolphin encounter area, the Reef and Cove).

There are watersports vendors on Cabbage Beach (the beach Atlantis is on), but the beach itself is public, and not controlled by Atlantis. My understanding is that the vendors are independent, and typically don't carry any insurance. Rent at your own risk.

Thank you for all the great info! its nice to know that we have options for Atlantis Day Passes other than just through the cruise line. I researched all our options and bought passes from BahamasDayPass.com. I will post my reviews after our cruise!

I believe they are, but you still have to go to the front desk and present you're credentials. Why Bother?

It's $20 cheaper per person and we can take a cab there as soon as we disembark and not wait for the entire group excursion. Hopefully this would get us there faster with a little more time to enjoy the waterpark. Although $150 pp is still expensive for our limited time there, so we are still undecided...

It's $20 cheaper per person and we can take a cab there as soon as we disembark and not wait for the entire group excursion. Hopefully this would get us there faster with a little more time to enjoy the waterpark. Although $150 pp is still expensive for our limited time there, so we are still undecided...

Online Passes are not $20 cheaper than the front desk. They are the same price , and you still have to go pick them up at the front desk and bring along your paperwork.

EIther way, you will need your sea pass - Pass Prices are dependent on the season.

They usually ARE cheaper than the ships excursion.

Online Passes are not $20 cheaper than the front desk. They are the same price , and you still have to go pick them up at the front desk and bring along your paperwork.

EIther way, you will need your sea pass - Pass Prices are dependent on the season.

They usually ARE cheaper than the ships excursion.

Sorry, yes, that is what I meant. $20 cheaper than ship's excursion.

Thank you for all the great info! its nice to know that we have options for Atlantis Day Passes other than just through the cruise line. I researched all our options and bought passes from BahamasDayPass.com. I will post my reviews after our cruise!

Hello NStar5, have you come back from this cruise or is it for a latter day? The reason I ask is I would like to use this company to buy the day pass but I would like to hear other persons experience before I do. Please let me know.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Question for Scubagirl...

Does Majestictoursbahamas still sell passes for Atlantis?

A co-worker of mine did this more than a few years back for a single ticket

because he has 3 kids. The other 4 he got from reserving a day room at

Comfort Suites. Just curious if they still sell, since I haven't heard them

mentioned. thanks.

We did get back from our cruise and we were so happy with our Atlantis Aquaventure passes from BahamasDayPass.com! Our date in port just missed the cut off for the low season pricing ($135 per adult), we paid $150 per adult in the high season and $86 per child. However, this was still a much better price than what the cruise line was offering, especially when multiplied by the 5 of us. The other benefit is that we were able to get right off the ship and take a taxi over to the Atlantis, a much quicker process than waiting for the cruise line busses. We were able to easily get a taxi van right at the pier - the drive was only about 12 minutes and cost was $21 USD total for 5 people. Check-in was smooth and easy, we went to the lower level of the Coral Towers lobby to check-in - no lines! We showed our printed pass and our Cruise ID's and we were free to enjoy the day. The Atlantis property is huge with so much to offer. Parents and kids both had a fantastic day, I am so glad we did this!

From the bahamasdaypass.com website, you can get:

5% discount w/ group of 8 or more

10% discount w/ group of 16 or more

I have tried to organize a group through the Cruise Critic Roll Call for my upcoming August cruise, but no takers so far.

Question for Scubagirl...

Does Majestictoursbahamas still sell passes for Atlantis?

A co-worker of mine did this more than a few years back for a single ticket

because he has 3 kids. The other 4 he got from reserving a day room at

Comfort Suites. Just curious if they still sell, since I haven't heard them

mentioned. thanks.

Majestic no longer sells day passes.

Only Cruisers can purchase tickets from Atlantis. Your Cruise ID is needed to do so.

Just back from Bahamas and we booked one night at the Comfort Suites to get access to Atlantis. The front desk wanted to add a $40 housekeeping fee on to our confirmed reservation rate even though we would not have access to a room. I had to speak to the manager to have our booked rate honored.

Just back from Bahamas and we booked one night at the Comfort Suites to get access to Atlantis. The front desk wanted to add a $40 housekeeping fee on to our confirmed reservation rate even though we would not have access to a room. I had to speak to the manager to have our booked rate honored.

Interesting. We didn't have that happen. How did you book the room? Directly on comfortsuites.com or on a different travel site? Or some other way?

Interesting. We didn't have that happen. How did you book the room? Directly on comfortsuites.com or on a different travel site? Or some other way?

Directly through the hotel's website. I showed my reservation and she even looked up the rate herself and it was the same but yet she insisted it was listed because the words at the bottom stated estimated total.

I really appreciate the input here. It is significantly cheaper to book Comfort Inn ($331) or Bahamas Day Pass ($540) than to go through Royal Caribbean. On one hand, the cruise ship's tour is safe, no risk. I'm hesitant to book the alternatives because they sound too good to be true! Is it just because people want the safe alternative that they don't choose to do it independently?

I really appreciate the input here. It is significantly cheaper to book Comfort Inn ($331) or Bahamas Day Pass ($540) than to go through Royal Caribbean. On one hand, the cruise ship's tour is safe, no risk. I'm hesitant to book the alternatives because they sound too good to be true! Is it just because people want the safe alternative that they don't choose to do it independently?

There really isn't much risk, being so close to the port. Make sure you have added all the taxes and fees to the CS total. We never used our room, but had to pay them all, including housekeeping, since you are actually reserving a room overnight (there are no day passes). It's almost always significantly cheaper to not book the ships excursions (but not always).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just tried to book some day passes through the Bahama day pass site for a cruise in February (six months away) and it says they are sold out for that day. Guess we'll have to pay Carnivals outrageous price and book it through them.

I just spoke with the customer service center at Bahamasdaypass.com and they 2016 season passes will be out this fall, they estimated some time in September!!