For JimandStan - and anyone else who cares to chip in

JSA123

I tried for one of the Deck 11 Oceania Suites, but they had both gone :(

I therefore have 12008 on hold. Is the balcony big enough for a lounger, or just a couple of chairs?

There are Vista suites available, but I don't want the exercise room, and would have to pay an additional £2,000 ($3,000) - not sure it's worth it.

There are Vista suites available, but I don't want the exercise room, and would have to pay an additional £2,000 ($3,000) - not sure it's worth it.

Two quick points:

1) The Exercise Rooms in the Vista Suites have been replaced (on both Marina AND Riviera) with extended Master bedroom Closets.

2) Although the Vista Suites are not for everyone, the forward facing views that they offer are something that you will remember for the rest of your cruising career.

062306.jpg074153.jpg

Two quick points:

1) The Exercise Rooms in the Vista Suites have been replaced (on both Marina AND Riviera) with extended Master bedroom Closets.

2) Although the Vista Suites are not for everyone, the forward facing views that they offer are something that you will remember for the rest of your cruising career.

062306.jpg074153.jpg

Hi Jim and Stan,

Thanks - but I think your information may be inaccurate. My TA was onboard Riviera on Friday last week (in Southampton, UK) and sent me photos from both the Oceania Suite and the Vista Suite - and in the Vista Suite were both an exercise bike and treadmill...

Hi Jim and Stan,

Thanks - but I think your information may be inaccurate. My TA was onboard Riviera on Friday last week (in Southampton, UK) and sent me photos from both the Oceania Suite and the Vista Suite - and in the Vista Suite were both an exercise bike and treadmill...

LOL, Sorry about that, I only tell you guys what THEY tell me. I thought that my source was reliable.

LOL, Sorry about that, I only tell you guys what THEY tell me. I thought that my source was reliable.

Hehe, thanks for trying to help. If they are thinking of getting rid of the gym equipment, it would get my vote. I think having a private gym is a good idea, but no point if there's only an exercise bike and treadmill as we'd have to go to the gym for upper body in any case. Those views are to die for though..

Our Oceania Suite on the Riviera in July had two chairs on the terrace that were very comfortable.

Thanks. And did you love the suite generally? Not sure I can justify the additional cost of the Vista suite, even though those views are gorgeous.

Jim I thought the same thing that they had been removed but maybe on the R-ships only :confused:

There was never any gym equipment in the Vista Suites on the R class ships. No room for anything else. The Vista Suites were not that big.

There was never any gym equipment in the Vista Suites on the R class ships. No room for anything else. The Vista Suites were not that big.

Me Bad then :eek:

I do recall a mention of the exercise equipment being removed ..maybe a search here will uncover the previous posts

Lyn

I do recall a mention of the exercise equipment being removed ..maybe a search here will uncover the previous posts

Lyn

I agree. Also remember a post that the gym equipment was removed form the Vista suites on the new ships. Seemed like a very big waste of space in these cabins. But a big closet? How much clothes can one bring? Must be a better use of this space than that.

Lyn

Now that I am thinking a little more about this I seem to think that the Marina had some exercise equipment in the OS in the first few cabin plans. Did they take them out of there?

Now that I am thinking a little more about this I seem to think that the Marina had some exercise equipment in the OS in the first few cabin plans. Did they take them out of there?

Yes, that was the confusion, the fitness rooms were removed from the Owners Suites on the Oceania Class ships. Vista Suites are retaining their fitness equipment, at present.

Yes, that was the confusion, the fitness rooms were removed from the Owners Suites on the Oceania Class ships. Vista Suites are retaining their fitness equipment, at present.

Sooner or later with a little help from our friends we get it right. Have a nice day. Richie :):)

Archived