Sunday 21st Dec Breakaway fully booked?

caleyjag

Hi

I've been tracking prices for the last few weeks hoping to upgrade to something bigger or better than my original booking. The price of the cruise in all staterooms remains higher then when I booked so I expected to pay the difference to upgrade (or slightly more with administration fees). Availability looked good on both my TA website and NCL website with plenty of rooms available in the categories I'm interested in. So yesterday so I placed my call only to be told by both my TA and NCL that the sailing is full despite the fact both web sites show availability by cabin number.

Does anyone know if this is true and therefore the websites are wrong or is somebody else getting it wrong? (maybe me:confused:)

Thanks

Hi

I've been tracking prices for the last few weeks hoping to upgrade to something bigger or better than my original booking. The price of the cruise in all staterooms remains higher then when I booked so I expected to pay the difference to upgrade (or slightly more with administration fees). Availability looked good on both my TA website and NCL website with plenty of rooms available in the categories I'm interested in. So yesterday so I placed my call only to be told by both my TA and NCL that the sailing is full despite the fact both web sites show availability by cabin number.

Does anyone know if this is true and therefore the websites are wrong or is somebody else getting it wrong? (maybe me:confused:)

Thanks

It's possible they are not able to sell those cabins that appear available due to life boat capacity. With it being a Christmas cruise, there are probably more families and extended families than usual. If all those purchased beds fill up the life boat seats available, they cannot sell those open cabins. I may be incorrect, but this is what I've learned from other posts.

It's possible they are not able to sell those cabins that appear available due to life boat capacity. With it being a Christmas cruise, there are probably more families and extended families than usual. If all those purchased beds fill up the life boat seats available, they cannot sell those open cabins. I may be incorrect, but this is what I've learned from other posts.

That is correct and most likely reason. This situation happens often on holiday cruises.

After rereading your post, you could be able to upgrade if you talk to the right person.

The fact that they can't SELL those cabins should not interfere with your hope to transfer from your cabin to another. I understand why they say they can't. They have to cancel your cabin and book another, but the computer won't let them book the new one. But you are not adding any bodies to the lifeboats, just moving.

Is it possible to do a conference call with you, your TA and NCL? Explain the situation to the agent and ask for their supervisor in case someone higher up can figure out how to do it when the computers don't want to allow it. Or maybe someone here would know a particular dept. and phone number of someone who may be able to help.

I hope you are able to get your upgrade, but if not, you will still be on a cruise next week! Enjoy!

After rereading your post, you could be able to upgrade if you talk to the right person.

The fact that they can't SELL those cabins should not interfere with your hope to transfer from your cabin to another. I understand why they say they can't. They have to cancel your cabin and book another, but the computer won't let them book the new one. But you are not adding any bodies to the lifeboats, just moving.

Freeing few lifeboat seats from one section does not add them to another. The cabins are divided between several muster sections/areas (letters) and those are still divided into smaller muster stations/groups (numbers) and if one area is at full capacity, there is nothing that can be done about it even if changing cabins this point would free seats from another area.

Theoretically changes can be made inside one section but I wouldn't count on that either. This is because the assignment of cabins to muster stations inside sections is variable and printed on the keycard, the info posted behind the cabin door only states the letter part, not actual station/group.

Edited by Demonyte

Thanks everyone. All very sensible suggestions that make a lot of sense. I tried again today with both TA and NCL but same result. They are saying the NCL website is at fault and has not updated. The TA's website takes their feed from NCL therefore their's is incorrect too.

I've decided to be happy with my lot and just enjoy the cruise. Thank you all for your help :)

Hi

Yes I tried but I'm now getting the message that as the booking is so close to departure I can't proceed to book online and need to call the same number that I've been trying to book by telephone :(

I guess it's just not meant to be. It is strange that considering I'm prepared to more than double my original payment that I'm unable to. Maybe the earlier posts about lifeboat capacity are true and it's simply not possible.

Thanks again for all the help and advice

Freeing few lifeboat seats from one section does not add them to another. The cabins are divided between several muster sections/areas (letters) and those are still divided into smaller muster stations/groups (numbers) and if one area is at full capacity, there is nothing that can be done about it even if changing cabins this point would free seats from another area.

Theoretically changes can be made inside one section but I wouldn't count on that either. This is because the assignment of cabins to muster stations inside sections is variable and printed on the keycard, the info posted behind the cabin door only states the letter part, not actual station/group.

Ah, I forgot about all this! Thank you for the information! :)

Hi

Yes I tried but I'm now getting the message that as the booking is so close to departure I can't proceed to book online and need to call the same number that I've been trying to book by telephone :(

I guess it's just not meant to be. It is strange that considering I'm prepared to more than double my original payment that I'm unable to. Maybe the earlier posts about lifeboat capacity are true and it's simply not possible.

Thanks again for all the help and advice

thats because you are UK/EU booking use the US site to check cabin availabiltiy it does not have that(to close to sailing) restriction

http://www.ncl.com/cruises/z/Dates/z?ships=4294963125&itineraryCode=BREAKAWAY7NYCPCVNPINASNYC

But be aware the prices may be much cheaper

Just checked and indeed this one may be full now showing no availability for 2pax but there are solo cabins.

Handy for next time chec US prices and think about booking there

https://www.ncl.com/vacations/