CORFU - Port to corfu town

martel

Can anyone advise how easy it is to transfer from the ship to Corfu town. We arrive 24th August on Norwegian Jade and are only in from 0800 to 1530. Any help appreciated.

Corfu was surprising to me because they actually had an immigration terminal you had to pass through. No worries though. There is a free shuttle that brings you to the terminal. Then you go through the checkpoint which is simply scanning your cruise card. On the other side there are numerous taxis waiting or it's about 15-20 minute walk to town.

It's probably more like a 30 minute walk to the centre and realistically you will not get a taxi to take you into town. The taxi drivers are only interested in doing day tours or taking you to beaches at vastly inflated prices. Corfu has to be one of the worst Med ports for greedy taxi drivers.

It's probably more like a 30 minute walk to the centre and realistically you will not get a taxi to take you into town. The taxi drivers are only interested in doing day tours or taking you to beaches at vastly inflated prices. Corfu has to be one of the worst Med ports for greedy taxi drivers.

I guess it depends how many ships are in port and how busy they are. It wasn't an issue a couple of weeks ago.

I guess it depends how many ships are in port and how busy they are. It wasn't an issue a couple of weeks ago.

It probably also depends on what you're prepared to pay ;)

It probably also depends on what you're prepared to pay ;)

When were you there last? Now with the iffy Greek economy, nobody is turning down any hard cold Euros in Greece. . .just saying. Many more cabs waiting than folks wanting a cab ride.

When were you there last? Now with the iffy Greek economy, nobody is turning down any hard cold Euros in Greece. . .just saying. Many more cabs waiting than folks wanting a cab ride.

That's a very good point. It was a couple of years ago since we were last there on a cruise.

I've been to Corfu 3 times. I believe there is also still a cheap local bus that will take you right into town. I took this the first time I was there in 2008 from the main street just outside the port (the last 2 times, we've taken the bus to the beach at Paleokastritsa). Last summer, it seemed there was a local bus stop now within the port gates, but I'm not sure the routes.

Perhaps the latest info will be here: http://www.visitgreece.gr/en/greek_islands/ionian_islands/corfu

Happy Travels!

There is a bus stop just outside the terminal building and within the port gates. It is a cheap ride to the town, and they usually come frequently. You can pick up this bus in the square for the return journey.

We joined up with another couple we met at the bus stop as it was a Sunday and there were no buses, and hailed a taxi which took us into the town for little more than the bus. There are usually taxis lined up near the bus stop area in the town and they seemed happy enough to take us back to the ship, for around €10 for 4 people.

Edited by ellie1145