Amoudi Port up to Oia

hammo

We have found a half day sail from the Santorini Old Port that will take us out for a swim and drop us at Amoudi / Oia docks. I wonder if the hike up to Oia is as exhausting as to Fira from below ... Has anyone arrived at Oia by boat and found any transport up to Oia township ? The dodgy knees would struggle with the walk up.

We have found a half day sail from the Santorini Old Port that will take us out for a swim and drop us at Amoudi / Oia docks. I wonder if the hike up to Oia is as exhausting as to Fira from below ... Has anyone arrived at Oia by boat and found any transport up to Oia township ? The dodgy knees would struggle with the walk up.

All I will say is this is what the walk up looks like from the top

16334568687_260a167d54_b.jpg[/url]

That sounds interesting. Would you mind letting me know the name of the company or how you found it. We have two visits to Santorini coming up and like the sound of this.

We spent a week in Oia last year. We walked down to Amoudi one evening for a meal. We were told that if the walk back up appeared to be more than we could handle that we could get a taxi back. If none were waiting at the port we were told to ask one of the staff at a restaurant to call for a taxi. However, we chose to walk back up. Our mid-60 bodies did manage OK with a number of rest stops along the way. Yes, I would say it very much like the walk up at Fira. Also, you could ride a donkey if your backside can handle that:).

DT

• 3 weeks later...