Bar Harbor Tour Question

mhb1757

We wanted to try something different in Bar Harbor beside the Acadia tour. Booked with Oli's Trolley the Northwest Harbor tour. It is 21/2 hours to Seal Beach and Northwest Harbor and another fishing village along the coast. In the past it included a stop at some gardens that they no longer have access to so they changed the name of the tour and changed the route a bit. Has anyone done this tour (in either it's previous or current incarnation)?

Was it worth the time? Would you recommend it? We are pretty easy to please. 4 history buffs that are happy to see the landscape

You are doing this cruise in early June on the Veendam, and have joined your roll call, correct?

I have not done this tour, but have visited the stops mentioned in Oli's description of the tour. BTW, you are visiting Northeast Harbor not Northwest Harbor. I consider NEH to be very picturesque and the route Oli is taking is scenic coastal, and on the way back, as I read it, it will return by ANP, but no stops in the park are mentioned. As for shopping in the Village of NEH, I have thought of them as 'charming and exclusive shops'. I just thought of them as shops, but what do I know. If you haven't visited that area before, it would be a nice tour.

SBtS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Four of us will be in Bar Harbor in early October - ages from 50-75. I'm very active, but my mom, not so much :) We are thinking of doing a private tour (at your service tours) instead of a natl park or ollies trolley tour. Feel like it will be worth it to travel/stop at our own pace. Any thoughts?

Four of us will be in Bar Harbor in early October - ages from 50-75. I'm very active, but my mom, not so much :) We are thinking of doing a private tour (at your service tours) instead of a natl park or ollies trolley tour. Feel like it will be worth it to travel/stop at our own pace. Any thoughts?

I don't know anything about this tour personally, but from reading about it on their website, It sounds lovely. Sounds as if they will pick one up at the pier ... If you end up with this tour, I'd love to know what you thought of it. Jan

We wanted to try something different in Bar Harbor beside the Acadia tour. Booked with Oli's Trolley the Northwest Harbor tour. It is 21/2 hours to Seal Beach and Northwest Harbor and another fishing village along the coast. In the past it included a stop at some gardens that they no longer have access to so they changed the name of the tour and changed the route a bit. Has anyone done this tour (in either it's previous or current incarnation)?

Was it worth the time? Would you recommend it? We are pretty easy to please. 4 history buffs that are happy to see the landscape

We are strongly considering this tour, as well. We live in New England and have visited Bar Harbor by cruise ship many times, yet would like to see more of the Island. I have the same questions as the OP: Is it worth it? Recommend? Thanks!