Pickup Post Cruise in Galveston

jmb4534

We will be arriving in Galveston on the Voyager Of the Seas Nov 20, 2010, after her transatlantic voyage. We have a family member picking us up at the pier. I need to tell them where, when, etc....

Does anyone give me any helpful hints to pass on to make the pickup less of a hassle?

I was thinking that maybe they should just stay at the hotel until we call them as we are disembarking. Would this be the best option?

Can you recommend a nearby hotel that is clean and not too expensive?

Thanks in advance for your help! Janelle

We will be arriving in Galveston on the Voyager Of the Seas Nov 20, 2010, after her transatlantic voyage. We have a family member picking us up at the pier. I need to tell them where, when, etc....

Does anyone give me any helpful hints to pass on to make the pickup less of a hassle?

I was thinking that maybe they should just stay at the hotel until we call them as we are disembarking. Would this be the best option?

Can you recommend a nearby hotel that is clean and not too expensive?

Thanks in advance for your help! Janelle

The RCCL terminal is just past Carnival and easily to go around.

Have them pick you up past where you come out from customs(go right) or you can go left and walk to them to where they will just past Carnival.

The close hotels to port and terminal are Tremont and Harbor House.

Three Blocks either one. If your freinds were there at one of those

they could easily walk and meet you and help with bags back to hotel.

All the other hotel/motels are just two or more miles from terminal anyway and on the Gulf side or bay side of island. Everything is close!!

You need to decide if you want to stay on

Gulf of Mexico Beach Area (many hotels)

Historic Old Town Strand Port Area(2 above)

Bayside Area (1) Moody Gardens Hotel

They should just stay at the hotel until you call them

as you are disembarking to baggage and customs area. This be the best option? All hotels are close anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware

besides cruisers

Ships on first trip (not loop trip) to states have to clear federal inspection, customs and security..... so it might take a little longer than usual on this one.........

than one that left out of galveston on a loop back to galveston.

We live in Galveston!

Ask your questions!

And we are on the cruise also!

Be glad to help!

We have been home by 7:30 in morning after cruise for we live very close!!!!!!

I am not expecting this on this arrival.

Come and enjoy Galveston.

Hope we meet on ship.

Are you going to meet and mingle and doing crawl, golf tourney or the slot pull.

SEE

Cruise Critic Message Boards > ROLL CALLS - Members Only > Royal Caribbean " Meet & Mingle" Roll Calls > Voyager of the Seas Roll Calls

Voyager Barcelona : Galveston 11/07/2010 ... YES!

We live 20 miles away and have the kids wait until we call before leaving home. When they call our zone we give them a call. When we get outside we call them and tell which color flag we are standing at for guick pickup. This way they don't have to hang around Galveston waiting. Nancy

Caddyrag & ssb,

Thanks for the prompt replies. I was thinking that calling our ride as we were getting off the ship was going to be the best option and both of you confirmed that. The tip about the colored flags is good as well. We've sailed out Galveston several times, but have always had our car in the lot. This time was a different since we will be gone 3 weeks and sailing out of Barcelona. The logistics of this trip have been a challenge to say the least! We live in Lake Charles. Flying out of IAH and then getting home from Galveston on a Sunday with no car rentals available. We're treating DD & SIL to a night in Galveston in return for picking us up on Sunday morning.

ssb - I've posted on the rollcall, but have not signed up for the meet & mingle. Thanks! Janelle

Caddyrag & ssb,

Thanks for the prompt replies. I was thinking that calling our ride as we were getting off the ship was going to be the best option and both of you confirmed that. The tip about the colored flags is good as well. We've sailed out Galveston several times, but have always had our car in the lot. This time was a different since we will be gone 3 weeks and sailing out of Barcelona. The logistics of this trip have been a challenge to say the least! We live in Lake Charles. Flying out of IAH and then getting home from Galveston on a Sunday with no car rentals available. We're treating DD & SIL to a night in Galveston in return for picking us up on Sunday morning.

ssb - I've posted on the rollcall, but have not signed up for the meet & mingle. Thanks! Janelle

caddyrag

Thanks for reminding me

Yes I had forgotten about colored flags

Then identify flag at beginning of terminal or end of terminal .......

if it is busy in middle of terminal where you come out from customs!

I suggest they stay at the Harbor House. They will be able to watch the Voyager come in. This hotel is located right on the pier and it does include a free continental breakfast with pastries, cererals, etc.

Good thought:D

They could walk to meet you and help carry or pull baggage back to HH!!!!

Archived