Flight Departure Question

Cruising on Anthem October 15 with return on Oct. 20 which is a Thursday. I am in a GS and usually the concierge walks you off [but I heard on some ships they don't do that anymore].

If I am using a car service is 10:30 too early for a departure from EWR?

Probably I should go with the 11:45 a.m. I am not one who likes to take chances by any means. I think I answered my own question!! I might be a nervous wreck.

I guess the first thing is I need to find out if the concierge will do the walk off.

Cruising on Anthem October 15 with return on Oct. 20 which is a Thursday. I am in a GS and usually the concierge walks you off [but I heard on some ships they don't do that anymore].

If I am using a car service is 10:30 too early for a departure from EWR?

Probably I should go with the 11:45 a.m. I am not one who likes to take chances by any means. I think I answered my own question!! I might be a nervous wreck.

I guess the first thing is I need to find out if the concierge will do the walk off.

Have you sailed from Cape Liberty before? Whether or not the concierge walks you off, I don't think anyone is going to recommend a 10:30 flight from EWR on a Thursday morning and many folks would not recommend an 11:45 flight either.

11:45am is early, but probably ok. Be careful with TSA lines at Newark. TSA Precheck can be very helpful, but depending on airline and terminal, it may not help you get through the line faster. United mainline flights out of Terminal C have a relatively fast TSA precheck, but I've seen lines of one hour for regular travelers. Conversely in Terminal A, if you are flying a regional jet, TSA Precheck and regular check may be using the same line so that pre check doesn't save you any time. I've waited 40 minutes there.

One tip is to install your airline's app on your smart phone. In case you are running late, you can check in and be ready to go straight to the security line. Also if your boat is late or you get stuck, most airline apps let you change your flight to a different time if you want. There may be a $50-75 same day change fee per ticket, but you always want to change your flight before you miss your flight.