Book

Cruachan

Has anyone read Carol Thatcher's recent book "QE2 - Forty Years Famous"? And if anyone has, do they consider it to be worth the £25.00 that W H Smith are asking for it?

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy, it's £12.50 on Amazon. Imagine it's worth reading, in fact you've given me an idea for a Christmas present.

Thanks, Mary

Amazon "recommend" a second book. "QE2 - 101 Questions and Answers about the Great Liner of the Modern Age" by David Ellery. It's not published yet and they don't give a date of publication - I wonder if it's worth ordering both at the same time.

I am re-reading a book called C SIX by Nigel Roberts who was a Doctor aboard QE2 for 10 years. It was published in 1988 and I guess it is out of print now. I have read it before but spotted this copy on e-bay so I treated myself to it and am enjoying it once more. I love the title:D

Coolgran

C SIX by Nigel Roberts who was a Doctor aboard QE2 for 10 years. It was published in 1988 and I guess it is out of print now.

I've got that one as well. It's an autographed copy - also from eBay! I didn't recognise the title for a moment as my copy has the English dust jacket and the Japanese one. That titles the book "Doctor of the QE2" and hides the C-Six title:) (I wonder if C6 is rude in Japanese:D )

Hi I am reading the book at the moment & it's a very good book - photos could be better though -that's the only disappointment!

I paid £16.50 on Amazon's UK website - have not seen it for £12.50?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Hi I am reading the book at the moment & it's a very good book - photos could be better though -that's the only disappointment!

I paid £16.50 on Amazon's UK website - have not seen it for £12.50?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

I have just bought two copies at £12.50 each and another book due out next year was £9.99 but reduced to £6.59 if i purchased it with one of the Carol Thatcher Books + free delivery !

hi gavin the price has reduced already! what other book didyou get was this 101 questions one re QE2?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Hi, it was a book entitled "QE2" and the author is David Ellery, if you bought both books it totaled £19.09. But Ellery`s book is not published till March 2008 ,(this also included free P&P) !

regards,

Gavin

Amazon has the Dr's book starting as low as $4.37 from their used booke dealers. I have bought many books from these dealers and most have been virtually new and much less than the published proces.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

C-six: Ten Years as the Doctor of the QE2 by Nigel Roberts (Hardcover - Sep 22, 1988)

17 Used & new from $4.37

Books: See all 21 items

Archived