Day Tours from Copenhagen

Hi everyone!

I'm finalizing cruise plans and moving on to Copenhagen. I'm blessed with a schedule that will allow me to add several travel days on to my trip if need me. As a result, I'm trying to decide how many I'll need. What are some great day trips from Copenhagen? I'm interested in lots of history and things that make the country unique. I also LOVE scenery.

Are any of the other countries close enough for a day trip?

Thanks,

Jennifer

1) Day trip to Roskilde (historic cathedral and Viking museum) Can add sailing on a viking ship too.

2) Rick Steves Day trip - 2 castles and museum in one day: Get up early and catch the train to Frederiksborg castle, tour the inside. Back on the train to Kronborg castle, tour the outside and inside if time. Back to train to Louisiana museum of modern art (open late T-Sat). Then train back to Copenhagen.

Edited by diathoney

You could include a trip over the Oresund Bridge (the Bridge) into Sweden and see Malmo and Lund. The journey over the bridge is quite spectacular.

Would this be a single day trip or would you need a couple days?

• 2 weeks later...
thanks to the tour info from 4774 papa

sounds like a wonderful day tour !

noted that there is a lot of walking and no elevators

were there lots of stairs ? does the van bring you up

close to the door of castles ?

There was a fair amount of walking on this tour. The parking for the Viking Museum is close to the Museum, but for the two castles, the van cannot take you close to the castle, much less the door. Also, both castles have a lot of stairs. Kronborg castle may be over half a mile from the parking area.

What's a nice town to spend an afternoon in, and maybe an overnight?

I'll probably fly in just one day ahead, arriving late morning after an overnight, trans-Atlantic flight. I was thinking of just getting on the train to Malmo to experience the bridge, and then spending the afternoon walking around and getting some fresh air after the long flight. And the hotels there seem reasonable. I'll already be at the airport, so it's very easy. Is it a pleasant city to walk around?

The other option is to find something in Denmark. This would make the currency issue simpler. I've been to Copenhagen. Maybe someplace within an hour?

What's a nice town to spend an afternoon in, and maybe an overnight?

I'll probably fly in just one day ahead, arriving late morning after an overnight, trans-Atlantic flight. I was thinking of just getting on the train to Malmo to experience the bridge, and then spending the afternoon walking around and getting some fresh air after the long flight. And the hotels there seem reasonable. I'll already be at the airport, so it's very easy. Is it a pleasant city to walk around?

The other option is to find something in Denmark. This would make the currency issue simpler. I've been to Copenhagen. Maybe someplace within an hour?

The Viking Museum is a train ride from Copenhagen. I don't think Malmo has that much to see.

There was a fair amount of walking on this tour. The parking for the Viking Museum is close to the Museum, but for the two castles, the van cannot take you close to the castle, much less the door. Also, both castles have a lot of stairs. Kronborg castle may be over half a mile from the parking area.

thank you for taking the time to give me the exact info i needed !;)

although i would not mind missing the inside due to the stairs -

just sitting outside and looking at the scenery & architecture,

would have satisfied me:)

unfortunately:o, i just would not be able to walk the distance

to each one!

am sure we'll find plenty to do in copenhagen for 2 1/2 days -

we take taxis if necessary to get close to entrances

Edited by loma linda ca a & j