Wheelchair

thatjenngirl

no, its a liabilty for the cruiselines

call Vacationcare to rent a scooter or a wheel chair for her.

Wheel chairs on the ship are very limited. If she needs one to get around and she cant get one-- then what will she do.

Rent one ahead of time-- it will be waiting in the cabin when you arrive

Thanks for the info. How would I go about requesting one? She just needs one for embark and debark- not on the ship full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got my Brother In Law one right at check in. He didn't need it while on the ship (plenty of places to sit) but all the standing and walking at embarkation hurt him too much.

They were EXCELLENT about it. Got him set up right away.

Edited by JillySue

Does carnival offer wheelchairs to get on and off the ship? My mom is disabled and will need it to get on and off.

To clarify... which port? Some ports have rentals...

This is my fav chair to travel. So light, compact folding, and easy to push a loved one...

http://mobiliexpert.com/en/airgo-lightweight-comfort-plus-transport-chair-19-with-footrests.html

Edited by xlxo

The Ports that I have Sailed out of provide the service...not Carnival per say.. the times my DW has not brought her scooter with we ask when we get to the port and have not been turned away

The ones who provide the service are typically shipboard employees.

Thanks for the info. How would I go about requesting one? She just needs one for embark and debark- not on the ship full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

there will be wheel chairs for assistance when arriving.

the ships are VERY large with a lot of walking. Even going from the elevator to the buffet is a lot of walking to someone who has mobilty problems.

The wheelchairs belong and stay at the port.

care vacations: https://www.carevacations.com/contact-us/

special needs at sea: http://www.specialneedsatsea.com

Edited by serene56

My mom is in a similar situation.

I marked it for my mom on the booking paperwork and called carnival ahead of time. I was told they'd have them at the port to assist, but when we got to the port (Galveston), they saw she had a cane and allowed us zone 1 embarkation, she did okay (it was early, no big crowds so she was able to go slowly). She did need it for debarkation, I went to guest services, made sure it was noted. The day before I verified and asked what we needed to do. They gave us a meet up point. Carnival employee took her right off. No issues.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

no, its a liabilty for the cruiselines

call Vacationcare to rent a scooter or a wheel chair for her.

Wheel chairs on the ship are very limited. If she needs one to get around and she cant get one-- then what will she do.

Rent one ahead of time-- it will be waiting in the cabin when you arrive

A Carnival employee will wheel her up for embarkation and debarkation only, during the cruise they do not provide wheelchairs for general use on board. Will she be getting off at ports? Renting one seems expensive, but the convenience of them bringing a wheelchair or scooter to the ship and picking it up after is so worth it.

there will be wheel chairs for assistance when arriving.

the ships are VERY large with a lot of walking. Even going from the elevator to the buffet is a lot of walking to someone who has mobilty problems.

I agree... also while ships are stable in port. In open rough waters, the boat can sway side to side. At times it can feel like you are walking on a moving bus.

Sent from the Blackberry Passport w/ Snap

Edited by xlxo

Yes a Carnival employee will be able to use a wheelchair to help her on and off the ship. As for on the ship, when we were on the Fascination, we had rented a wheelchair for my mother from one of the companies Carnival recommends. When we went to use it, a wheel broke off as we were getting ready to leave for port one day. Carnival does have wheelchairs on board that we were able to use in port, but be warned the are very heavy!