Pacific Pearl - Man Overboard

Tomo72

Not much hope finding someone who falls overboard

Prayers all friends and lived ones

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sad to hear of this current situation.

From the Captain's Q & A last year, if a person is actually seen going overboard they have a better chance of being located. The person who went overboard in the early hours of our cruise last year was found mid-morning the next day. Tragically they were deceased. But at least the family would have a body to bury which is not often the case with a person overboard tragedy.

Edited by aussielozzie18

FB friend who has friends on the Pearl said that all passengers had to go back to cabins for over an hour and do a rollcall. The ship was stopped and they found 2 lights in the water, apparently lifejackets. It is believed someone threw them in the water. Haven't heard any more since.

FB friend who h as friends on the Pearl said that all passengers had to go back to cabins for over an hour and do a rollcall. The ship was stopped and they found 2 lights in the water, apparently lifejackets. It is believed someone threw them in the water. Haven't heard any more since.

Yep that sums it up. Everyone accounted for after rollcall which was done cabin to cabin by crew. Lots of hangry passengers who hadn't had dinner and aprox 1000 stories circulating about what happened. Seems like a life jacket was thrown overboard which sparked the alert also a life buoy. Both were recovered by a life boat. Must say it was handled very well by P&O. You could have heard a pin drop when the man overboard alert came over the speakers. The captain gave us regular updates throughout.

Yep that sums it up. Everyone accounted for after rollcall which was done cabin to cabin by crew. Lots of hangry passengers who hadn't had dinner and aprox 1000 stories circulating about what happened. Seems like a life jacket was thrown overboard which sparked the alert also a life buoy. Both were recovered by a life boat. Must say it was handled very well by P&O. You could have heard a pin drop when the man overboard alert came over the speakers. The captain gave us regular updates throughout.

A false alarm or hoax is bad, but in reality much better than the real thing. I am glad no one was missing and I hope the culprits are dealt with appropriately.:D

There were a coupke of gentlemen in blue shirts waitting at White Bay to"welcome home" the teenagers that threw the life jacket and buoyancy ring overboard.

"But I was in international waters, officer. Your jurisdiction doesn't apply." ;)

(Yes, I know...)

:confused:Lots of angry people who didn't get their dinner. Heaven forbid anyone misses a meal on a cruise. Next people will be saying "I paid for that meal and didn't get it".

Just be glad no one went overboard.

Everyone was very concerned when they thought someone had gone overboard, lots of people were visibly upset at the thought of it, but by the time we were released from our cabins all passengers knew no one was actually overboard and there was a level of anger/annoyance at whoever had caused the drama and had caused people to be upset. So lots of hungry annoyed people = hangry people.

Please don't jump on what I said and make it sound so dramatically heartless. There was no man overboard, of course that's great, that's a given and maybe I should have emphasised that, but I just posted a quick update and by that time I wasn't worried at all about the man overboard because there wasn't one.

Everyone was very concerned when they thought someone had gone overboard, lots of people were visibly upset at the thought of it, but by the time we were released from our cabins all passengers knew no one was actually overboard and there was a level of anger/annoyance at whoever had caused the drama and had caused people to be upset. So lots of hungry annoyed people = hangry people.

Please don't jump on what I said and make it sound so dramatically heartless. There was no man overboard, of course that's great, that's a given and maybe I should have emphasised that, but I just posted a quick update and by that time I wasn't worried at all about the man overboard because there wasn't one.

All's well that ends well - perhaps the miscreants will be "banned" from cruising by the Cruiseline for a specified time - or perhaps pick up a big bill for their little prank

Edited by dizzy1948