QE2 QG Promenade Deck Cabins

SSNORWAY

We have just been allocated our cabins for the August 5th cruise.

we have got one of the Q3 cabins on the Promenade Deck, I remember last time I was on the ship thinking it would be a bit naff staying in one those as people may walk past staring in, has anyone had one of these cabins? and if so, are they nice? do people stare in? and would you choose to have one again?

Thanks to anyone who can help, I tried to pay to go to Q2 but all the cabins are allocated and the ship is full

Thanks

Mark

Mark,

We have been on both sides of the Boat Deck - that's what Cunard call the Promenade Deck - in Q3. We find that this is a very handily placed set of cabins. You are close to many of the public areas - and to the Queen's Grill. The other point to make is that these are really quite spacious cabins with plenty of relaxing room.

On the 'looking in' issue, the cabins are equipped with 'net' curtains which allow you to look out but prevent others from looking in. In any case, the windows - not portholes - are quite high up and someone would have to be really determined to look in.

Have a great trip and enjoy the old lady!

Gavin

Well I do recall walking past those cabins and being able to see people in all states of undress. If there are any electric lights on at all you can see right through the net curtains. Still, I wouldn't say no to one as they looked quite spacious and I don't care what anyone sees when they look in!

Well I do recall walking past those cabins and being able to see people in all states of undress. If there are any electric lights on at all you can see right through the net curtains. Still, I wouldn't say no to one as they looked quite spacious and I don't care what anyone sees when they look in!

sounds like I might have to put on a show then, make it worth their while!!

Of course, if you don't want people to see in, there are heavy drapes you can close over the sheer drapes, and then nobody will see in!

They are nice, big cabins but they do not have the charm of the Q3 cabins on One or Two Deck...

I want one of those spanish villas they dumped on the top of the ship, but they are all taken :-(

I've stayed in Q3's on Boat Deck, One & Two Decks. One Deck the best decor and both One & Two Deck Q3's are large, spacious, 2 large closets, loads of cabinet space, bidet. I happen to like the convenience of Boat Deck but the cabin decor reminds me of a prefab. Not nearly as much closet space or drawer space. During the day, I like to have the drapes and sheers open and enjoy the activity on Boat Deck. When dressing, simply draw the drapes and you have complete privacy. I've never encountered anyone staring in from the outside. Good luck.

SSNORWAY:

I'm on the august 5th sailing too! I'm in cabin 8002 -- is that a spanish villa? I thought of it more as a Corsican hideaway -- but its my first time on QE2 so what do I know?

Anyhow, I'm leaving the BF behind for this one and going alone (brave of me!). So if you see a perfectly friendly but terribly shy American looking a little lost, that'll be me!

Hope its all fun!!

Michael

SSNORWAY:

I'm on the august 5th sailing too! I'm in cabin 8002 -- is that a spanish villa? I thought of it more as a Corsican hideaway -- but its my first time on QE2 so what do I know?

Anyhow, I'm leaving the BF behind for this one and going alone (brave of me!). So if you see a perfectly friendly but terribly shy American looking a little lost, that'll be me!

Hope its all fun!!

Michael

Michael, You'll love the ship and meet many interesting people. You have a wonderful suite which I am sure you will enjoy. I did the same as you and made a crossing alone a few years ago and had a great time. I am going alone again for the full 2007 world cruise, a bit more scared but still excited.

Happy Sailing

SSNORWAY:

Hope its all fun!!

Michael

Hi Mike

That's spooky you are next door to us, we will all need to be on our best behaviour!! no glasses against the wall!!

Hope you like madonna, got to have a little boogie while we get ready to make our entrance for dinner (dont worry we are very considerate of others really, unless you have any requests!)

Sorry to break the news but you're not in the mykanos villas either, though it sounds like it could become mykanos corner on boat deck!

I would love to do a cruise on my own, you will have a blast! and your cabin is slightly bigger than ours according to the plan (I can feel a little hyacynth envy here, we will have to have a bigger bouquet of flowers, and if you have waterford crystal ours will have to be Rosenthal)

There is usually quite a lot of "family" on the QE2, you will love the ship (I hope) its unlike any other cruise ship, its only my second time and i'm rediculously excited, especially as we are in the QG.

My other half is called Olly by the way

Mark

Actually, I was a little leary about going alone, but now I'm getting excited; I was actually packing last night as I'm shipping luggage ahead (I'm thinking two formal nights on this cruise?) and I'm sure it will be great fun.

Oh, and don't worry about the flowers and crystal -- I always travel with my own, and its quite modest -- It's a little pattern called Nancy that the boys at Bacarat did just for me! My zinnias do tend to wilt after the transatlantic flight, however.

So...its just about two weeks away! Can't wait to see that museum...

Actually, I was a little leary about going alone, but now I'm getting excited; I was actually packing last night as I'm shipping luggage ahead (I'm thinking two formal nights on this cruise?) and I'm sure it will be great fun.

Oh, and don't worry about the flowers and crystal -- I always travel with my own, and its quite modest -- It's a little pattern called Nancy that the boys at Bacarat did just for me! My zinnias do tend to wilt after the transatlantic flight, however.

So...its just about two weeks away! Can't wait to see that museum...

Sounds like I won't win that one then, maybe I will get a bigger brimmed hat seeing as I dont need to fly in first :-)

happy packing (I hate that bit, I'd rather chuck everything in the case with the iron on top, but the laundry room is far too aggressive on these ships so I guess I will start my ironing the night before, being a very typical Gemini)

Mark

I'm on the august 5th sailing too! I'm in cabin 8002 -- is that a spanish villa?

Splendid choice, may I say. It would be our fourth choice of cabin on the ship, and only really because we have always been on the starboard side so far, hence 8001 would be our preference over 8002.

They are both larger than the average Q2. We have been in 8001 twice - on the tandem crossing and on the Canadian Crossing cruise last September. 8001/2 are ideal for less than perfect weather as you have a small sitting area with windows, as well as a balcony. You lose by the fact that the balcony is slightly smaller, but it quite large enough.

Entering 8002, you will find to your right a large area with wardrobes which amounts to a proper dressing area, and to your left the bathroon. Forward is the suite itself.

You have significantly more storage space than the other Q2s, which is one of the benefits of the cabins.

The signal deck is the place to be. It can get a bit windy around the balconies and you do feel more movement up there, but on the other hand the peace and quiet is wonderful. Service up there is quite outstanding - even by the high standards of the ship.

Hi Mike

I mis-read your original posting, you will be pleased to hear that we are not next door, and you are in the Spanish Villas, I'm even more jealous now, I really wanted to be up there. See you on board

Mark

Mark:

That simply means you'll have to come up for cocktails!

Kindlychap:

Thanks for the info! Now I'm even more excited. Let's hope the Bay of Biscay cooperates and movement isn't too much!

We had 8002 for our cruise last year. I think you will enjoy the cabin. It is specious, comfortable and of course has a balcony. The service on Signal Deck is superb. Do not be afraid to ask for anything you want. We were very well looked after by Gordon and Peter.

When you board at Southampton use the quicker Grill check in desks. Make sure at check in they give you a priority boarding card (Gold when we sailed). We had to ask. You will then be the first to embark.

If the sea is at all rough you will know you are not in a hotel. I woke up one night to see a vase of flowers moving across and off the table. Of course the following morning everything was cleaned up while we were at breakfast. All good fun.

I feel the whole QE2 cruise experience is wonderful. I have had M, P and Q grade cabins and restaurants. I have enjoyed them all. I think my first time on QE2, a transatlantic in an inside M cabin, will always be my favourite though.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Mark:

That simply means you'll have to come up for cocktails!

Kindlychap:

Thanks for the info! Now I'm even more excited. Let's hope the Bay of Biscay cooperates and movement isn't too much!

Hi Mike

We are looking forward to meeting you, I will dig out a pic of us both to save you any embarrassment approaching the wrong couple!

I think you will definitely find us most evenings in the Chart Room

Its not long now, we are very excited!

Mark & Olly

Hi Mike

We are looking forward to meeting you, I will dig out a pic of us both to save you any embarrassment approaching the wrong couple!

I think you will definitely find us most evenings in the Chart Room

Its not long now, we are very excited!

Mark & Olly

Annette & Mike

This is us, if you see us around, say hello!

Mark & Olly

PS we are not siamese twins, we were just drunk, i'm not sure who was holding who up!

me-and-olly.jpg

Archived