QE2 QG Promenade Deck Cabins

SSNORWAY

Mark:

I'd post a picture of me, but my technology skills aren't what they used to be (or ever were). I think I ferreted out an e-mail for you on this board, and would send if you don't mind...

Mike

Mark:

I'd post a picture of me, but my technology skills aren't what they used to be (or ever were). I think I ferreted out an e-mail for you on this board, and would send if you don't mind...

Mike

Hi Mike

My e-mail is in my profile, sounds like a good idea so I don't confuse you with Annette!!

Mark & Olly

• 2 weeks later...
We were very well looked after by Gordon and Peter.

When you board at Southampton use the quicker Grill check in desks. Make sure at check in they give you a priority boarding card (Gold when we sailed). We had to ask. You will then be the first to embark.

Gordon has now retired.

The priority passes at embarkation are now white, and numbered.

I have been very lucky with all my QE2 Grill class bookings as immediately after getting my priority boarding pass & then going through the security check point I have shown my pass to the member of staff in the Emb. Lounge & told to board straight away.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Sadly we all seemed to miss each other, I often hung around near the steps in the Chart Room in the hope of spotting SSNORWAY too :confused:

Interestingly, there were two gents who were often sat out on Quarter deck (outside the Lido) when we were, and I did wonder at first if that was you and Ollie, Mark, but my daughter said one had called the other one Richard so I didn't have the nerve to approach them :o

Hi Annette

This was taken there! ring any bells?
[IMG]http://www.hdueo.co.uk/images/outside-lido.jpg[/IMG]
I asked one lady if she was called Annette and got a very strange look off her hubby so didn't dare do it again!

We did think about you a lot and saw your bench (from your photo) a few times!

Unfortunately we only got to the Chart room during the day, sorry for that, we didn't see any dramatic falls, did you?

We met up with Mike14c he is a fab guy, very entertaining, its a real shame you didn't meet us all, he had a really lovely cocktail party in his very nice balcony cabin on signal deck (we were all very jealous!!) canapes, hot nibbles and lots of bubbly!

i'm touched your daughter was looking out for us too!

Hope you had a lovely holiday, five days wasn't enough, we were very sad to leave.

Mark x

Sorry, I missed this reply from you. No, the two gentlemen I saw were not you and Ollie it seems - glad I didn't approach them (we saw them nearly every day!). Actually, one day Kevin made a loud comment about 'Let's go and see if anyone falls down the steps, that's a great laugh' or something similar within earshot of them as he knew I was wondering...

Shame we missed each other :(

Didn't see any dramatic falls in the Chart Room, did see a lady miss her step in the Queens Room and fall during the auction though!

If I am honest I think I enjoyed the second cruise more than the first one, from the ports point of view that is, we'd certainly do it again! In fact, I think we've persuaded our 18 year old son to come along with us next time if we do a short one again :eek:

[quote name='EdwardMPost']Greetings. Does anyone know if Maureen is still serving the Signal Deck?[/QUOTE]
I saw her and had my picture taken with her, never been on signal deck (officially) but she used to walk past me (when I was on 2 years ago) in the chart room every night and stand talking for ages, I thought then if I ever got up there I would want someone like her to look after me, she's fab!!

Unfortunately she told me she is retiring at the end of october this year :-(

Thank you for your responses.

Fortunately, I'm booked on the 13 October "jaunt" so I'll be able see her while still in her "official" capacity before she retires.

She's a great asset and has always added so much to my time on [I]QE2[/I]... As did Gordon, of course.

Cheers.

Archived