Dynamic Dining on Anthem

I thought I read on the Cruise Planner it was $8 for children, but I do not know what age that went up to.

When trying to book it's not giving me a child's price [emoji20] I have emailed them so waiting on a response - they will only be 7&9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When trying to book it's not giving me a child's price [emoji20] I have emailed them so waiting on a response - they will only be 7&9

When booking first opened people called about this and were told that the difference is refunded once onboard. Same with the multiple booking discounts. Everything is charged at standard price and then once onboard if you meet the the requirements the various deals are then applied.

When booking first opened people called about this and were told that the difference is refunded once onboard. Same with the multiple booking discounts. Everything is charged at standard price and then once onboard if you meet the the requirements the various deals are then applied.

Aww that's great news - they are not big eaters so wouldn't justify the extra for them [emoji1]

As of now when we Cruise we tend to do Traditional Dining, might do a Chops, So on the Dynamic Dining issue if we have to book a Restaurant for nightly Complimentary Formal Dining would it be, The Grande Restaurant, or do we not have to book. Confused:confused::confused:

As of now when we Cruise we tend to do Traditional Dining, might do a Chops, So on the Dynamic Dining issue if we have to book a Restaurant for nightly Complimentary Formal Dining would it be, The Grande Restaurant, or do we not have to book. Confused:confused::confused:

Any restaurant you book, whether it is complimentary or a fee charged and you decide later on you need to change the date or time, you should have no problem rescheduling. Depending on when you decide to make that change, you may not be able to get the same time or day as those time slots may be booked.

The document below was created by another poster named Brian, which I found to be helpful.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8K4...ZE0/edit?pli=1

You don't 'have' to book anything. You can still book on the ship or just show up and pray for a short wait.

If you have a big party or prefer to eat at the same time each night, you might want to book asap. The popular times will be taken up quickly.

We did not want to chance doing standby, so we booked everything for our 8 night Quantum and our 12 night Anthem.

The booking system actually opens up much earlier than you would think. Our Anthem saling is over 500 nights away and we just did our reservations. We blog about our experiences with the Dynamic Dining system here. We booked Grande twice on both sailings and lined one up so it is the same night as Mama Mia! Always nice to be dressed up when going to a Broadway show.

Knowing how clunky the online reservation system is I am concerned that onboard it won't be anymore organized AND you will have plenty of people who did not book who also are not too happy about the availability of certain restaurants!:(

I can book day 1 for 4 people, but how do I book day 2 through to 12, it just takes me through to checkout, I tried high lighting Day 1 to 12 but that don't work either. please advise thank you DEEDIA. Do I have to do check out and then chose the 2nd day

Edited by DEEDIA

I can book day 1 for 4 people, but how do I book day 2 through to 12, it just takes me through to checkout, I tried high lighting Day 1 to 12 but that don't work either. please advise thank you DEEDIA. Do I have to do check out and then chose the 2nd day

I did not checkout until I was completely finished with all of my dining. I had to exit the planner and then go back into the Cruise Planner each time I wanted to make a new dining reservation. There has to be an easier way :)

I did not checkout until I was completely finished with all of my dining. I had to exit the planner and then go back into the Cruise Planner each time I wanted to make a new dining reservation. There has to be an easier way :)

Unfortunately, we had to do the same thing when booking Anthem dynamic dining far in advance. For Quantum, which sails within 6 months, the Cruise Planner worked a bit better. Although, you still could only book a restaurant once during a transaction. So, if you are on 12 night cruise and want to eat at Grande or American Icon more than once, you will have to do separate transactions, as the system will see one reservation for a restaurant and not let you book another one in the same shopping cart. RCI has to improve their online systems!!

Hi DEEDIA,

Yes, you need to complete day 1 before you start on day 2, and so on. Kind of slow, but when you complete the processes, your personal calendar will show each reservation every time you pull it up. I did six or seven days, and then showed my wife what we had so far; got her input; then booked the rest of the evenings.

Right now, we have four evenings in the Grande, so I know how many "formal" evenings we have and on which dates. Gives us some time to use the laundry services and take less clothing.

If we like one venue more than others, we will try and make changes once onboard the ship.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

• 11 months later...

Many thanks Jezza,

I should have said that we did ring RCI and several lovely operators helped us - unfortunately they seemed to know nothing about how to arrange the bookings on The Anthem - they emailed the ship and told us they had booked us in on the night we requested (a special birthday) but on our booking it still only comes up as 8 people on the booking.

I thought that as many people travelled in groups that someone might know what we are doing wrongly. I would be happy to try and book classic dinging but am not sure how to go about this.

Be very grateful for any thoughts!